SAU Community

Control Arms

Hi all,

I have a 2007 v36 Type P that has some knocking from the front suspension. I have been to 2 mechanics and they have both said the bushings in the control arms are worn. (1 place said lower only, the other said upper and lower)

My question is do I require whole new control arm assembly's or can the bushings themselves just be replaced?

Cheers

9 minutes ago, Murray_Calavera said:

Hey mate,

Thanks for that. I have seen the bushings sold separately, was just doing some reading online and saw some comments about them being hard to change in other vehicles. I guess I should probably ask the mechanic if they can facilitate just the bushing change as opposed to the whole assembly.

I guess what I'm really asking is has a anyone else been in this situation.

The above link is for the Lower control arms are for a V35, not V36, the suspension is quite different between the 2.

The Upper control arm bushes are suitable for both.

There is no genuine bushes available, but that doesn't mean you can have the bushings pressed out and replacements pressed in, it just depends what is available aftermarket and what you prefer.

I have never been a fan of poly bushes in a daily, but that might be your only option if you don't want to replace the whole control arms.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sonicii said:

The above link is for the Lower control arms are for a V35, not V36, the suspension is quite different between the 2.

The Upper control arm bushes are suitable for both.

There is no genuine bushes available, but that doesn't mean you can have the bushings pressed out and replacements pressed in, it just depends what is available aftermarket and what you prefer.

I have never been a fan of poly bushes in a daily, but that might be your only option if you don't want to replace the whole control arms.

I spoke to someone at Whiteline about that actually, they advised me the uppers where fine but they didn't make lowers. I guess I'm just not super keen on spending the $900 or so dollars on a new pair of control arms but might have to bite the bullet.