SAU Community

GTR Specs

II Chris II

Guest 180sx_nissan_guru

97 model GTR? R33? hmmm set you back "about" 35,000-50,000 biggies, second hand, and prolly modded a bit. hmmm damn gotta bring out the credit card. dunno bout the KW rating, but yeah, check all over the net :O

um lol u seriously wanna compare a GTR to a GTS... well.. hmm

there's no comparison.... if you can afford it get a GTR, if you can't GTS. If you want sumfin that's drivable every day and won't scare the pants off ya, then get a GTSt. GTS is too boring... mines a daily driven and is basically my run around car. Can't wait to get my weekend car next yr :O

It depends on your wallet size... 40k should see you in a GTR, 19k should see you in a GTSt, 15k should see you in a GTS. What's can you afford?

Hey 180sx_nissan_guru, find me a 1997 model GTR for $35,000 and I'll buy it straight away.....

I think your looking more towards $45,000 - $55,000.

$35,000 will buy you a very average '95 model....

JAGR33 is close to the Mark as usual I sold my old 97 for $48500 about a year ago had done 50,000kms only small modes such as Power FC, pods, injectors etc. Damm I miss that car. V Specs go for slightly more.... Find me a 97 for 35G and I will buy two!! Mine had 250kw at all fours wiht budget mods so easy to get more power from.

Guest 180sx_nissan_guru

JAGR33, it aint that hard. shit i drove past a car yard the other day and they had a white R33 GTR sitting in under all the commodores. you just gotta look around. look in dealerships AND look localy, like around the streets, it aint that hard.

or if your really desperate just go and import one, should save you a few.

JAGR33, it aint that hard. shit i drove past a car yard the other day and they had a white R33 GTR sitting in under all the commodores.

was it a 97? i think seen as how we are speaking to gtr owners who have obviously looked into the price of things, they would know.

My GTR is a 97 and 2 years ago it cost well over 50k. The car was in very good/excellent condition.

Nowadays, you'd still be looking at around the 50k mark for a good condtion 97 model.

95 models are around the low-mid 40k mark. I infact know a 95 model in excellent condition being sold for 43k if anyone is interested.

Originally posted by 180sx_nissan_guru

JAGR33, it aint that hard.

dont argue with jack... he's BIG and scary lol!

but there is NO was you'll get one for 35 G's.

dont bother arguing with the guys that have replied here, cause they all own(ed) one.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

tell him he's dreamin    

:D

Gotta rich father who i'd be doin the GTR up with.. just wondering tho... i'm only gonna be on my P's when we've gone thru the engine and done wateva else to it... should i wait until i'm off my P's to drive the GTR or can i escape gettin busted?

well see the thing is i was just wondering if cops will be looking out for high performance cars and well i have two options get a GTR straight out or get a GTSt and then trade in the GTSt and get a GTR when i 'm off my P's

What dya recon would i get busted?

Or would you say as long as i'm not speeding or the cops don't have a reason to pull me over i'd be fine?

Or i'm i sure to get busted?

Thanks

Guest gtst88

just add a couple more grand on top of the price for the GTR would be sweet for modifying the Good Ol' RB26dett to a level thats just nice .. ahhh ... GTR

Good R33's over here in Perth are still around the $50k mark unless you want a smash repair job. Series II's will be around the $55 - $60k mark for a good one.... Mine's a 95 and cost me $49k last year.

Oh and 260 - 280kw at the fly is waaaayy over the mark for a stock GTR. Maybe 220 - 240... Though very easy to get that with minimal mods....

I've owned a GTST and the GTR and they don't compare. A GTST is a good car and is better than anything aussie, but a GTR is in another stratosphere. Apples and Oranges if you try and compare the two....

my 2c

Brett