SAU Community

Would Like To Change Internet Provider.

NYTSKY

Hi all,

I have come to the end of my contract with Telstra for my internet connection.Currently im paying $59.95 a month for ADSL with a 12gig download limit.

I would like to get ADSL2 at the same price or cheaper.

I have seen ADSL2 from other carriers at the same price $59.95 but only have a download limit of 2-4gig.

Is there a internet provider out there that has a high download limit with ADSL2 at a good price??

just signed up again with internode, $55 a month, 10g limit (speed limited to 64kb/s if i go over)

downloads 1500kb/s, upload 256kb/s. plan is called home 1500 power 10

used internode before, never had any issues with connection/speed

no contract, just the sign up fee, which i think is $40 if u transfer from your existing ISP

if u want more download limit, they offer even better deals moneywise

broadbandguide.com.au

as an EX TPG customer i would never use them again

lots of down time which they could never explain and always a hassle to contact anyone

learn to speak indian /pakistani if you ever have problems coz thats where your call is routed for service faults etc

im using TPG atm. ADSL 2+ 50 gig. 30gig on peak 20gig off peak. $59.00

it's true there has been times when i couldnt access the net for no apparent reason but those times only lasted 10-20 mins at most. but i couldnt go past the size of the acc + price on offer.

I have been told that they are being bought out cant remember by who though. though i do remember that this company willl allow them to have far less of a chance at having down time. so i have heard!

guys you might want to try Spin/Comcen. ive been with them since...well since i had the net about 8years ago and its been great. they have great plans but only downs side is that they only do signups online and tech support is business hours. if you sign up let me know and use me as a referal coz that way we both get an incentive off our bills (i think its like $20) so yea its pretty ghood. im on adsl 2 now but the speed and everything depends on your distance from the local exhange as well!

ralmao @ comcen /spin i had so much trouble with them with slow speeds or no service at all and got into a huge bun fight with bill and con .

i had to get the tio involved to get released from my contract then started recieving threatning emails from con that was passed onto the tio who sorted him out .there is a real fanboi mentality on whirlpool with crc .degodz and a couple of others that have magicall connections that never play up when dozens of people are complaining of slow speeds .

i would give up the net b4 i ever signed up with them again .

here is some reading up on them make up ya own mind

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=873128

Edited by mid life crisis