SAU Community

Sauwa Dyno Day Results

R DIRTY 3

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

turns out that my car isn't running lean. I took it to cypher today and they ran there air/fuel thing on it and they said it's at a good level and if at anything slightly rich. realy confussed as to why they said it was lean on the dyno. Cypher said that it starts to lean out just over 3000rpm, but at 3500rpm the nissan computers compensate and add more fuel. sucks that i didnt get a run seeing my car is all good :) .

you will find anthony (the dyno operator) would rather turn away a car for running a power figure if he feels it could result in a failor while hes in control,let alone in front of a large croud. if it was anything over lets say 14afrs for a fair part of the chart like 500rpm then theres no saying that it wont go beyond that once it hits boost hence why he wont run it up.

it isnt the first car to be turned away for it and wont be the last either..

I know it is dissapointing to be turned away, but Ant was only working with the information he had in front of him. I would feel alot better giving my car to someone knowing that it will be looked after and respected instead of having the car pushed anyway just to get a dyno printout.

Hey Lachlan,

It's good to see that you got it looked at and better still they've given it the all clear. Therefore as a good will gesture i'm offering you another power run free of charge. Please understand though if there is no noticeable difference in AFR's, the power run will be stopped.

Please let me know if you'd like to take me up on this offer.

Cheers

Abdus :)

turns out that my car isn't running lean. I took it to cypher today and they ran there air/fuel thing on it and they said it's at a good level and if at anything slightly rich. realy confussed as to why they said it was lean on the dyno. Cypher said that it starts to lean out just over 3000rpm, but at 3500rpm the nissan computers compensate and add more fuel. sucks that i didnt get a run seeing my car is all good :ninja: .

we'll i got another run thursday morning =) just make sure you fit me in ASAP i got workies...

=(

p.s

guys who are running lean like me, and have replaced the fuel pump.

i've been reading around, and hear that the O2 sensor on the dump pipe needs to be replaced every

40,000km... if not causes lean/rich mixes and doesnt read correctly, therefore ECU assumes mixes!

i am getting a genuine one tommorw, so'll i'll let yous know if thats the problem wednesday arvo / thursday

guys who are running lean like me, and have replaced the fuel pump.

i've been reading around, and hear that the O2 sensor on the dump pipe needs to be replaced every

40,000km... if not causes lean/rich mixes and doesnt read correctly, therefore ECU assumes mixes!

Pretty sure the O2 sensor is only used for cruising and does not affect the AFRs under load.

Pretty sure the O2 sensor is only used for cruising and does not affect the AFRs under load.

i think you'll find its the other way

the o2 sensor is used for closed loop operation which is usually the first coupla min of driving after startup and constant throttle change/load