SAU Community

Opinions on this deal

STUGTS

Hey guys n girls

Just wondering if you could give your opinions on this quote i got today...

Boston Acoustics FX 6's for rear shelf

Boston Acoustic's FS 60's for front

Alpine 12 inch SWS-1241D subwoofer with box

Alpine V-power MRP-M200 Amp for sub only

The lot for $1,000

I already have JVC KDSX 995 h/u

Not out for biggest and best, does that price seem good, i thought so but resisted impulse buying to think about it????

:Dj: :Dj:

fx - 150?

fs - 200?

type s -300?

sub amp - 300?

not that a good deal if u ask me .. bargain harder!!! try to go splits up front .. the fs90 is around 300 and they are a very nice sounding splits imho... but yeah overall pretty nice system .. should sound good too :(

• 2 weeks later...

3 years ago I got the following from garys (care of Rod)

1 x Pioneer VNET 450 AMP

1 x Pioneer VNET 2100 AMP

2 x Clarion 10" Freeairs (boot)

2 x Pioneer 6" Door Splits (Front)

1 x Custom Sub box with 2 x Port Holes (HUGE) going to the parcel shelf.

All installed and nicely configured (I had my own head unit)

$1100

Nice deal

i know gray personaly and he is not that cheap on setroes, but he only sell's top quilty products unlike your Strathfield and jb hifi stores. if you are able to spend a little extra then go garys car audio for top quilty products that will sound good.

paulr33 u got a great deal for 3 years ago.

to save yourself more money do the installation your self i saved $2000 on installation on my car buy doing it my self.

And plz ppl dont buy sony, sony is only good for wogs and asians who think they know what they are talking about in car audio. and for wankers that are all looks.

the best advice i can give is research and dont buy anything on impulse, stay clear ok 6X9 if you are putting subs in, and splits will always give you clear music over any 2way 3 way speaker..

but thats my 2 dollars worth of info.

Yeah I already got planned what i want, (in the first post of the thread) now im just looking for the best place to buy it... Any ideas SXY R33?? I looked up Garys car radio in the Melways and its far away, will probably call for a quote to avoid disappointment if i drive all that way.

Has any one dealth with central car radio on nepean highway, there the only other place i know of that stocks boston acoustics..

ok i got my whole system through jb hifi i knew what i wannted so i took no shit from the sales person "Who have no idea about electronics". plus my mate at that time worked at nudwading jb hifi i got it for $1300 worth about 3g.

just go out and get heaps of quotes from the car audio stuff you want (dont change what u are getting from store to store) stick with the products you are after and you will save 100s of dollars.

ring starathfield, jb hifi, grays, patterson sound, eg. once you have found the lowest phone quote, go into the store and talk them down even more.

Hint: go in on a weekend of late friday night "thats when the causals are working" they are easy to talk down. "+spin some techniqual shit to them they shit themsellves"

Aslo with boston acoustics stuff go to http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/ they should be able to tell where they are stocked!

good luck with the buy