SAU Community

Electric Window/central Locking Gremlin R32

MYRB30

Hi all. I have put up with this problem for some time now, and its time to fix it. When I put the drivers window up (must go right up), the passenger door locks, which is quite embarassing/frustrating, and nearly causing a break up. lol.

Other wise the electrics seem to be fine, other than the key switch which doesn't beep if the key is left in. I dont think they are related.

Has any one has this problem? Any common things to be looking for?

Edited by MYRB30

I've looked high and low and cant find anything out of the ordinary.

BUT, the workshop manual is confusing the hell out of me. My door lock timer (driver side kick panel) has only five wires. The workshop manual has 6 wires for the timer on page 780, and then 7 wires on page 788!!!!

Any help at all is most appreciated.

Thanks matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate haven't ever played with anything like you're describing, I'd check where you're getting the power for your passenger side door lock. you've obviously got power getting there when it shouldn't its just a matter of finding out how. Why does it only happen when you put the window all the way up and not whenever you try to wind the window up a little, hard to say without seeing the cat but best of luck, hopefully its something simple, keep us posted.

• 1 month later...