SAU Community

Vspec Or Not Vspec

Been looking at a 34 GTR and i was told it was a Vspec, but the badging is not there, are there any sure ways to tell by looking at it? It is also a chameleon purple and i am told this is a limited colour, is this true or are they just trying to make it sound good?

Just get the number BNR34-###### off the build plate and post it in the thread called "VINS you want fasted". I have a 34 GTR Midnight Purple 2. The paint code is LV4. V-specs typically have an additional front lip under the front bar (like a black plastic sheet that goes to about half way of the engine. Also, on the rear, there is a carbon fibre sheet under the bumber that goes to just beyond the rear wheels. Good luck :D

best way is to put the chasis number through the nissan fast software a couple members on this forum have access to it and can do it for you . The other ways are the front plastic diffuser and rear carbon diffuser which did not come on the non v-spec models but can be fitted to non v-spec cars by their owners to look like v-spec's very common with the front diffuser but not the rear one because of the cost .

other ways are the speedo the numbers 1 to 3 on the tacho will be compressed with the spaceing where as the non v-spec will be normal spaceing but the speedos are very easly replaced so still be wary, other way is the rear diff caseing will be finned while the non v-spec's will be smooth same as the 33 GTR's the 32 GTR's are opposite every normal 32 GTR will have a finned rear diff caseing where the v-spec models will be smooth.

another way but iam not 100% sure the main function display on the dash on v-spec's has 7 parameters and with the non v-spec models i think only has 5 parameters maybe one of the non v-spec owners could confirm this