SAU Community

Service

Adz2332

Is this about right.. i got a quote for the 100xxx service on my gtr and nearly fell over when i got the quote back of $1200...

Using genuine parts, the timing belt and water pump change, coolant flush. Redline shock proof gear oil for the gear box, Transfer case oil change, Atessa flush, Diff oil synthetic, Brake flush with dot 5 fluid and Clutch flush, Power steer flush.

$1200?

where did you get that quote from....wont surprise me because it does take a lot of labor time doing the water pump and timing belt change....plus your using the good fluids so they will cost a bit of dosh....give a few other places a call and see how they give you a quote on doing the same things

Thats unbelievable.. I think i'd cry spending so much on a service.

In the past I've always done the work myself. But with slightly less quality oil that what it looks like you have gone with.

$090 - cambelt

$085 - waterpump

$180 - tensioners

$65 - Motor oil

$14 - oil filter

$90 - g/box oil

$70 - diff oil

$30 - brake/clutch fluid flush.

------

$624

GTR = just that little bit more expensive. :)

Thats unbelievable.. I think i'd cry spending so much on a service.

In the past I've always done the work myself. But with slightly less quality oil that what it looks like you have gone with.

$090 - cambelt

$085 - waterpump

$180 - tensioners

$65 - Motor oil

$14 - oil filter

$90 - g/box oil

$70 - diff oil

$30 - brake/clutch fluid flush.

------

$624

GTR = just that little bit more expensive. :)

Where do you get a cambelt and waterpump that cheap???

haha yer i know fell off my car especially when u add $500 for the power fc tune and install lol!

Its around $600 in labour for the water pump and cam belt install plus rad flush alone.

what if u supply most parts like all oils and filter and one of those 100,000km service kits that sulivan_a is selling on here.

how much would it be??

Edited by vinnie32GTS4

hey joel how much can u get the tensioners for i can get a gates timing belt 4 $140 IS THIS THE SAME BRAND U get also could u pm me with the address of ur work so i can check it out :(

I bought a Genuine Nissan cam belt for $90.

The tensioners are $80 each from holden then u can reco them for $40 (2 bearings inside so 2x20) if you have a press.

I grab the NSK bearings as used in the genuine nissan tensioners from some bearing company. Its not CBC as they want stupid prices for the bearings and are not genuine NSK.

I don't bother with an idler as they are stupidly priced; so 2 tensioners it is. + the tensioners are locking tensioners so just as good as an idler once nipped up.

The dayco cam belt for the rb30det is $38. Its done a little over 70,000km's and still looks ok. Nearing time for another service though. :(

wow how is the water pump so cheap? I am about to buy one for my R34 and Nissan price is $227.45 and Kudos motorsport (which I was told would be cheapest) is $238.00.

The water pump is aftermarket from repco/motormates/sprint auto's. There is a cheaper one (-$10) and it doesn't come with a gasket, I go the better one. I've never had issues with them and this one has been good with no leaks at 70,000km's so far. The old rb20 did around 100,000km's and the aftermarket pump still looked fine.

Unless you are 7000rpm+ (n1 water pump) all the time I don't really see a need for a genuine water pump.

Some things like clutch master/slave cylinders etc its definitely worth going genuine.

The tensioners are $80 each from holden then u can reco them for $40 (2 bearings inside so 2x20) if you have a press.

I grab the NSK bearings as used in the genuine nissan tensioners from some bearing company. Its not CBC as they want stupid prices for the bearings and are not genuine NSK.

I don't bother with an idler as they are stupidly priced; so 2 tensioners it is. + the tensioners are locking tensioners so just as good as an idler once nipped up.

The dayco cam belt for the rb30det is $38. Its done a little over 70,000km's and still looks ok. Nearing time for another service though. :(

The water pump is aftermarket from repco/motormates/sprint auto's. There is a cheaper one (-$10) and it doesn't come with a gasket, I go the better one. I've never had issues with them and this one has been good with no leaks at 70,000km's so far. The old rb20 did around 100,000km's and the aftermarket pump still looked fine.

Unless you are 7000rpm+ (n1 water pump) all the time I don't really see a need for a genuine water pump.

Some things like clutch master/slave cylinders etc its definitely worth going genuine.

sweet as ur a life saver was just about to fork out a heap on other peoples prices cheers :(

the gates racing belt is closer to $140 yes, the normal timing belt is like $80-90 tho. as for the tensioner its $100 RRP (bearings included) on its own....

if u are serious sweet R33 come in and see me, ill look after ya :(

when i got my 100,000km service done, i went down to CBC and got the idler and tensioner. it was around 200bucks intotal if i remember correctly. Nissan wanted around total 500+ for the genuine idler and tensioner.

cheers

:thumbsup: