SAU Community

For Sale 1984 Dr30 Rs Coupe - Sydney

UPDATE: May have found the Aussie Delivered GTR I was seeking and now entertaining reasonable offers.

Make: Nissan

Model: 1984 DR30 RS Turbo FJ20 Coupe

Milage: 110000

Transmission:5 speed manual

Colour: Silver

Complied? Yes

RWC supplied? regoed in NSW

Currently registered? till January 2009

Price: $20,000.00

Thinking of finally buying a GTR after many years deliberating but will only do so if my beloved DR30 goes to a good home and for the right price. We all know these machines have appreciated in value in recent years and this is probably one of the best in Australia.

1984 DR30 RS Coupe

FJ20 Turbo

109000 kms

Volk Racing 16 inch rims with correct offset

Bilstein Suspension

Brand New Strut Brace not yet fitted

Almost mint paint and interior (now has matching front seats as opposed to the photos)

Air con regassed and seals done in December 2007

Jan 2009 NSW rego with DR30XX plates

3 inch catback exhaust

Alpine CD with iPod input, 6.5 inch clarion speakers on new carpeted parcel shelf, Pioneers in front doors

Always garaged and pampered

Won best Classic in 2007 Skylines Australia Show in Sydney (see last 2 photos of when it was at show).

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/556635981TSDowS

Looking for around $20k or she stays locked in my garage. I may want a GTR but this really is a rare, unique and ultimately more collectable machine.

Contact Steve on 0414342094 only if you are serious and have the money.

cheers

Edited by Ravenoak

Goodluck with your sale, hopefully someone in SA buys it :(

Thats a very reasonable price, I have been thinking of selling my DR30 aswell to get a KPGC10 'Hakasuka' replica, but just cant bring myself to selling the DR30.

Its good you are making sure it goes to a right home, there aren't many around, let alone in good condition :(

free bump

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve , your call but I think something more practical than a GTR such as an Evo 6 is a good look .

Godzilla has the aura but its a heavy expensive complex car and they financially break people all the time .

The Mitsy is smaller lighter and cheaper to hot up , bolt in suspension goodies are readily available and easy to fit .

In club level motor sport Evos eat GTR's .

I'm glad you enjoyed that DR30 as I did , but like with many things there comes a time ...

I really like the R33 I have , the more I drive other things the more it impresses me . Its hardly an E36 M3 but neither was the purchase price .

The Subie RX Turbo has its spider Vortex EA82T engine in the build phase and the constant AWD transmission is done , just looking for a closer ratio Liberty gearset .

The "SK" suspension is progressing well and I think it will bite a few unsuspecting Rex's in the twisty windies .

Its my toe in the water with turbo AWD though an Evo 6 is my destiny .

Best of luck with the sale , cheers A .

BTW DR fans , still have front struts/brakes and FJ ET manifolds taking up space . Also complete factory engine management system minus CAS .

Dennis , must get that DR rear X member to you . We have suspension contact at Minna so must pass it over one day - need the space in the cave .

Cheers A .

Hi Steve , your call but I think something more practical than a GTR such as an Evo 6 is a good look .

Godzilla has the aura but its a heavy expensive complex car and they financially break people all the time .

The Mitsy is smaller lighter and cheaper to hot up , bolt in suspension goodies are readily available and easy to fit .

In club level motor sport Evos eat GTR's .

I'm glad you enjoyed that DR30 as I did , but like with many things there comes a time ...

I really like the R33 I have , the more I drive other things the more it impresses me . Its hardly an E36 M3 but neither was the purchase price .

The Subie RX Turbo has its spider Vortex EA82T engine in the build phase and the constant AWD transmission is done , just looking for a closer ratio Liberty gearset .

The "SK" suspension is progressing well and I think it will bite a few unsuspecting Rex's in the twisty windies .

Its my toe in the water with turbo AWD though an Evo 6 is my destiny .

Best of luck with the sale , cheers A .

BTW DR fans , still have front struts/brakes and FJ ET manifolds taking up space . Also complete factory engine management system minus CAS .

Dennis , must get that DR rear X member to you . We have suspension contact at Minna so must pass it over one day - need the space in the cave .

Cheers A .

I am a little torn between what to get next. I have done the WRX/STi thing before and agree for a track machine the smaller AWD cars are the way to go. I was dipping into the 1.10's in Dad's completely stock Evo IX at Wakefield.

I love the DR and will keep it if I cant find something I want. I love the idea of a collectors car probably more than a track machine as rarity is always something I have striven for. The PNV, the numbered limited edition STi, one of a very few original model S4 Audi's (1995 model) and the DR are all cars I have owned that kept that ambition at bay. I would dearly like an original R32 GTR Australian delivered but everyone is asking big dollars for them at the moment. I am tempted to go back into a 2 door STi but after owning a Nissan, Subies are just so cheaply built. Maybe an Aussie delivered EVO 6 is a good option but finding a low km one for a reasonable price is difficult. The ride is also something which is death defyingly HARSH.

My daily drive is a Mazda6 MPS and that thing is the god of torque. I also think it would handle the rare track day with ease.

Decisions, decisions. Maybe I should just keep the DR and enjoy it for its rare outings (kids love it) and collect a few more trophies along the way. :D

• 2 weeks later...