Sydney #2 ~ Megalong Valley Cruise

Assasin

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive spoken to some guys in the servo industry and im hearing reports of sydney not getting any premium deliveries until the 3rd of april so if we are lucky there will be 98 octane fuel for our babies instead of this dirty dirty dirty dirty 95 octane im being forced to run in her now

ive spoken to some guys in the servo industry and im hearing reports of sydney not getting any premium deliveries until the 3rd of april so if we are lucky there will be 98 octane fuel for our babies instead of this dirty dirty dirty dirty 95 octane im being forced to run in her now

Out of sheer desperation today, I drove into a Caltex (I was on dead empty) and they had Vortex 98 :pwned:

I should also add my last tank of Ultimate was highly suspect. It was running badly above 6000RPM and engine light flickering on and off -only since my last tank of Ultimate.

This arvo I fill up with the Vortex 98 and suddenly the problem appears to have vanished. Hmm.

im used to BP Ultimate for years & haevnt even considered Vortex98 until i had no other option.

Found some & i must say im alot happier, all i could get around my area which is near Greystanes Merrylands etc was GAY 95 Bp Premium which made my engine knock on only 9psi something that never happens! No way i was gonna hammer it on 18psi just detonate the motor.

This Vortex is running my car great atm.

Plenty of 98 in the penrith area.

Was down at the Megalong Valley Tearooms today (had a delivery for them) and they advised that somebody call and make a booking with them so that they have enough staff/food. Its normally run by just 1 chick.

Edit: Oh and most of the road down the twisties has been resurfaced, so heeeaps of loose rocks about.

Edited by benm

Are Newcastle boys welcome? :action-smiley-069:

We're in the middle of respraying, so if all goes to plan & shes done in time, I'll be there with Travis32.

R31, soon to be R34 black :D

James why dont we take it a little further goto mt tohma strech?

anybody been there, the road is a lot smoother and a lot more fun.

i've attached the map see what everybody thinks

Joe long time no speak.. !! I think we'll do the same as last time, and then if everyone is ok after coffee and a snack at that cafe, we can continue on the day. We'll play it by ear.

Are you and the boys coming?

I think it is good to note, that the easter show has recently expanded onto the road to which p6 has been cutoff. There is a small carpark where we met up last time which is around the corner... basically, follow the road along the station till you come to a T intersection, turn right and first street left and you will see the car park on the left, It might also be wise to travel down there on saturday sometime to assess where you need to be if you are not 100% sure.

P6 is easy. Directions are: Take Homebush Bay Drive northbound, turn left on Australia Ave (just after M4) and after the first set of lights keep your eyes out for a large parking lot (pretty big) on your right about 2-300 metres up.

http://www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au/__data...rk_map_2008.gif

I'm pretty sure it's P6f

This is easy too :( . On the M4 westbound you'll pass the Reservoir Rd exit and see the large 'twin' servo's (Caltex) on both sides of the motorway . Exit into the servo and you'll see a Maccers and KFC and all the Skylines will be at the truckstop behind the fast food places. It'll one large complex so you can't miss it.

Hope that helps mate. Sorry for doing your head in :D

the expansion ofthe easter show into the road accessing P6 doesnt concern us as the easter show finishes up on the 2nd of april which is consequently tomorrow and also 4 days before this cruise is to take place...... but thanx anyways its good to know ppl are wary of these sorts of things and are more than happy to pass on the info..... but by all rights the P6 carpark SHOULD be open and clear of anything relating to the easter show

http://www.eastershow.com.au/ <<<<<<< note the opening and closing dates in the top left of screen

Lucky some ones on it :(

Im hoping for good weather otherwise Im not attending, hopefully its a coldish day with nice sunshine, I love to drive on those days! So does my turbo :(

Im hoping for good weather otherwise Im not attending, hopefully its a coldish day with nice sunshine, I love to drive on those days! So does my turbo :(

Ditto, its a long drive for me, so if its going to be wet... hmm.

Plus I have to drive back up Sydney the next day as well, and I have a possible issue with my engine light coming on above 5000RPM :\

Aside from that... still looking forward to it!

Are Newcastle boys welcome? :D

We're in the middle of respraying, so if all goes to plan & shes done in time, I'll be there with Travis32.

R31, soon to be R34 black :D

ya better be there ya bastard.Ya little animation pic of ur car is pretty close t what it is ay looks nuts.Cya there man cant wait ay

Mate your engine light comes on for a reason, I.e Knock .. or oil flow etc.. I wouldnt be driving it to much especially in that 5000rpm mark.

Nope, most definitely trying to keep it to a minimum - the soonest I can have it checked out by someone I trust is this Monday.

Oil pressure appears OK at moderate revs, at high revs I do not know simply because I'm concentrating on the road :D

Splitfires are barely 2 months old, and I've refilled the tank with 98 3 times since this started.

Anyway hopefully I'll find the cause this Monday, something minor I hope.

On or after the 17th I am driving it over to Tassie - so it has to be in good shape by then...

Im hoping for good weather otherwise Im not attending, hopefully its a coldish day with nice sunshine, I love to drive on those days! So does my turbo :mad:

dont be such a cat

come anyway even if it is hot :P