SAU Community

Doh, So Close Yet So Far...

Well, I have a wedding to attend on Friday and the group I am taking would prefer my new rims to be on before lunchtime then.

My brand new rims have arrived and have got the Federal 595's for them, but we cannot get them on AT ALL!!! Tried one front and one rear, still can't get them on.

Praying that a tyre mob will be able to fit them tomorrow at short notice if i rock up in the morning with them.

They are only 18*9 and 18*8 and the tyres are 265/35s and 225/40s... Not huge or a stretch, just can't get the Federals on.

I doubt many people will read this so late at night, but if anyone knows someone in Fyshwick or Southside at least that has a decent wheel fitting machine that would be able to help out in such a short time, can you please reply here with their details? I'm going to try Discount Tyres, Jax QuickFit and Bob Jane tomorrow morning to see if any of them can get the wheels/tyres fitted ASAP, otherwise, the wedding photos are going to be let down a bit (more to the point, my car won't be featured at front) :-(

Random post I know, sorry, just distressed trying to organise everything in time.....

Cheers

Sam

try a place that does a bit more of the performance wheel and tyres instead of just family car stuff. tiye rollers can do a nice job of your rims in the hands of the right (or wrong) person. TTF the tire factory do a few bigger wheels and tires 21s22s23s upwards and are always a challenge gettin 30profile tires on without damaging rim

hope this helps

brett

Discount tyres and Bob Jane are too expensive.

I don't think there is any place in Canberra that deal with performance wheel and tyres(no market). I have heard there are some careless workers or places that do not have machines that can handle rim sizes larger that 16inch.

Anyway, to my knowledge you can go to:

- Tuggeranong Tyres (used to be Tyre power)

- Jax Quickfit Woden

- Advantage Fyshwick

They are the places I goto, but I take drift rims that don't require care, but I have seen Jax do deal with alot of large bling bling rims.

Go early, especially with the long weekend coming up next week they'll get alot busier.

Anyway, to my knowledge you can go to:

- Tuggeranong Tyres (used to be Tyre power)

Go early, especially with the long weekend coming up next week they'll get alot busier.

Ditto for Tuggeranong Tyres, Johnno does ours inc slicks (we don't have 18's though) - they are a good bunch to deal with

and

Ditto in getting in early

Can try "Pat's Tyres & More" if you need Fyshwick.

Fitted 255's on my 9inch and 235's on my 8inch. Didn't damage anything. They are usually pretty busy but it might be worth a shot.

Beaurepaires in Braddon is Trojan Motorsport's main tyre go-to guy. 6248 5911

I know other places that are good, but unlikely to do work at very short notice, nor do it quickly.

Thanks for all the awesome replies guys! Hate getting myself into a pickle, especially if my brother finds out that I wasn't prepared for his wedding...

I needed a place in Fyshwick so my Dad is able to drop the rims and tyres off whilst he's at work, and the only place open at 7:30am was Jax QuickFit. I spoke to the guy and apologised for being so early and flustered, told him that we were unable to fit them ourselves (first time defeated by a tyre :D). He said he's been able to fit heaps of 24"+ tyres and rims so I have left it in his hands.

He said he'll be able to have them done by lunch time today which will work out well.

MICK, FEDERAL SIDEWALLS ARE DAMN STIFF AND STRONG!!!

YAY!!! Thanks again for everyones advice. Its all sorted. Big thanks to Jax QuickFit in Fyshwick for doing an awesome quick job.

Mick, i'll let you know how i go with the tyres. I think 255s on the rear might have been a better option for the guards sake, but i'll just have to go get them rolled.

lol Sounds like you had fun... :P

Youre right though, the sidewalls in the 595's are strong, Im glad you got it sorted though.

Im sure that you'll love the amount of grip they'll give you.

If you get your guards rolled you shouldnt have any issues running 265/35R18's on an R33 (depending on wheel offset).

Post some piccies of the new bling when you get some :D

If you get your guards rolled you shouldnt have any issues running 265/35R18's on an R33 (depending on wheel offset).

Not sure on my offset but this is what I'm rolling on at the rears in my 33.