SAU Community

R32gtst Problems

Kennyr32gtst

hey

my r32 gtst is having some problems, after 20-30 mins of driving the car loses all power and wont rev, after turning the car on and off the thing will go for a few kms before it starts again, the fuel pump is going crazy like there is no fuel pressure, but have changed the fuel pump, and the problem still happens. the motor runs realy well with good boost untill it starts laging, have changed the plugs as well trying to eliminate the problem.

just woundering if any one has had the same problem, any help would be appricated.

thanks kenny

Ive had a similar problem where by if after a 30+min run and I decide to give it a little squirt the boost cuts out and it starts misfiring. I've been told it can be coils, so maybe check them for cracks and that.

So once its hot it screws up? Progressively getting more worse over time? Lumpy idle? Feels like you have a rev limiter set really low?

You need a new CAS my friend

Short term you can open it and clean it out with contact spray, but it will screw up again. It needs to be replaced.

hey

thanks for the help guys, have changed the fuel filter, there is some thing rattling around in it :domokun: so that might be the problem, plus i changed the cas just to be sure, but the other one i put on had more resistance when turning than the old one ??? oh well will find out on the way to work today, hope all goes well, just need to see if i can get past kewdale rd with out it stuffing up.

thanks kenny :)

When my CAS died it was because one of the bearings had died and was spitting out heaps of really fine red dust and clogging the sensor. If you can open up any of the CAS's just check that there isn't crap in there. With my old one it would get really hard to turn but when I flushed it out with contact cleaner it free'd itself up again.

hey

ok this is giving me the shits now i have changed the pump, plugs, fuel filter and cas and the problem is still there, not as bad at first but still the same. the thing is when i got to work the car was very lagy and wont rev again after i have reved once. but after like 2mins of being off i took a friend from work for a drive in it and it did not do a thing wrong, reved hard to 7500 with out a miss. even the friend said the motor was a beast. but i just dont know whats wrong with it. does the r32 have a fuel pump switch or some thing that would be causing it to keep trying to purge the system???? i have just done a manual conversion i am using the man computer i might have to try the auto comp and see if thats it?

thanks kenny :P

Tried swapping out the AFM? Could be a dry joint in there being an intermittent problem.

Was the CAS you used working fine on another car?

Definately sounds like a ECU sensor related problem. If you need parts to swap out, give me a pm. My R32 is off the road and I have parts everywhere.

ive had the same thing where I wont get any response of 3000rpm.

Things I did:

1. Spark Plugs - Just get some copper ones

2. AFM - try a different AFM, i have a spare one to plug n play.

3. Coil Packs.

4. Stocker ECU - I also have a spare one.

4. Fuel Filter.

5. Fuel Pump.

It turned out to be the fuel pump and I am in the process of throwing a 044 into it. Hope this helps dude.

hey

yeh seems to an intermining problem as i just took it for a thrash and did not miss a beat but i will see how she goes on the way home. i have not changed the afm as i dont have a spare. the afm is off my old motor which was running good. i am taking it to ant from xspeeds tommorow hopefully the god of skylines can help me.

thanks kenny :D

hey

the cas i put on has died and the old one is now bent and moves so does any one have a cas i can bye to fix it, well hope so.

thanks kenny :D

you should check all intercooling joints(silicone hoses) for small cracks cause as you build boost those rubber joints will swell and cause the split to open and release your boost causing engine to break down.Eventualy

the split will get bigger and the end result is car wont even run!

JUST a THOUGHT!!!! :D

Gee that was constructive!

I was having problems where I would get a pretty serious misfire going after 20-30mins of driving (when it got hot basically). Found a coil plug that had fallen apart on the inside, replaced it, fixed it for a few days then it came back. I then decided to swap my splitfires out for my standard coils and discovered another plug falling apart, didn't replace it, just put it all back together with the stock coils and has been fine since.. was going to swap another plug on for the broken one but decided to not touch anything until if/when it decides to misfire again.

hope it goes well mate.

my car was acting up similarly, and turned out to be a loose wire in the plug going in to the CAS.. these problems are so figity.. hope you've found it and got it sorted though!