SAU Community

Tubemite Joint. For Welding All Sorts Of Pipes!

psi

Ok, I stumbled onto this little calculator

Its not very big in size but does the best job EVER!

just donwload it and save it to somewhere where it wont be lost!

It is used for joining pipes of all sorts of sizes and angles: for instance

If you wanted to join a 50mm screamer wastegate pipe into you 76mm dump pipe, and you wanted the WG pipe to entre the dump pipe at 30degrees, with a wall thickness of 1.2mm...

you just plug the numbers into the little calculator via the 'options' menu and you can print out to real life size little pic. just cut the little pic out and tape it together around ur pipe. draw the lines onto your pipe and cut!

now its not done yet.. because it takes into account for wall thickness, it has 2 lines.. solid is the inside of the pipe and the dotted is the outside of the pipe! so it fits PERFECTLY!

So now you can cut once.. get it perfect and save yourself heaps of fustration!

http://www.ozhpv.org.au/shed/tubemiter.htm

it is limited to only 2 pipes, so you wont be building manifolds just yet! But i think with a little thought, it would not be hard to adapt to do multiple pipes.. after all, if its on paper, its easy to cut!

Edited by psi

definately makes things easier, very handy little thing, although its not rocket science, you can do it by hand in like 5 mins, i'm doing it at trade school atm

• 1 month later...

Yea it sure is a great program.

If anybody finds a program that is able to cope with multiple pipes, PLEASE post it up!

I have sort of stuffed around with making a paper exhaust manifold (just because!) and i think that if you cut 3 bits of paper for the one pipe and rotate them so they notch properly into the other pipes.. but i ran out of time and my 3 year old turned it into paper mash! aaaarrghh!

pipe notcher.. hmm, can u get it to do multiple pipe joins? research time!

• 10 months later...