SAU Community

Which Head Unit?

PLAYAR

Guest [ryan]

Clarion DRX9675Z.. a Friend of mine has one of these. Awesome headunit. Great SQ, they are a SQ headunit. They are top of the range Clarion also, so they've got all the features u could ever want.. Will set you back about $1,200 and it's worth every cent.

[img:dfec277218]http://www.hifidirect.com.au/images/products/Clarion/DRX9675Z.jpg[/img:dfec277218]

AM/FM CD Player with CD Changer Controller. DIN chassis with flip-down detachable face. Z enhancer, Cnet controller, Multi CD/MD changer capable. Title input and CD text display. Virtual space enhancer - basic 6 pre-programmed and 6 user programmable in Pro mode. 4 band parametric equaliser with 6 preprogrammed settings plus 6 user programmable. Digital sound field processor with 5 presets and seat posistion selector. 7 Band graphic equaliser with 12 presets.

Colour LCD Display The display on this unit features a 64 colour full-dot LCD display with 16,384 dots.

6ch RCA Preouts Provides separate discrete Front, Rear and Subwoofer RCA preout pairs for huge system expansion. With separate outputs for the subwoofer amplifier, 6ch Preout units provide greater control of bass levels, while still providing total control over Front and Rear output levels via the system fader control.

4 Volt preouts The increased Preout voltage provides a stronger signal to amplifiers with less noise, distortion and signal degradation, while also improving the dynamic range.

Subwoofer Control A pair of RCA preouts is provided to drive a subwoofer amplifier. Subwoofer levels and settings can be controlled from the source unit

CD/MD Changer Control Add a CD Changer or MD Changer quickly and easily using the built-in Changer controls. All functions of the changer can be controlled from the source unit, providing flexibilty and convenience.

DSP Control Upgrade your system with a hide-away Digital Signal Processor. Control of the processor and special processor displays are handled by the source unit in the dash.

CeNet™ System CeNET™ is a connection system allowing Clarion car Multimedia components to be easily added to the network. The fast bidirectional transmission speed and large data transfer capacity incorporated in this advanced network design are capable of accommodating the latest multimedia devices. The audio system uses balanced input/output circuits and high-voltage transmission to provide a high signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion. CeNET™ allows the system operation status to be shown on the control center display for easier operation and enhanced safety.

Motorised Face The main face of this unit electronically slides down at the push of a button, revealing the slot behind. This Allows for more area on the face for displays and controls, and helps avoid the ingress of dust and other contaminants into the mechanism.

Detachable Face This units main faceplate can be removed at the push of a button, and re-fitted just as easily. With the faceplate off, the unit is unidentifiable and is renedered worthless to potential theives.

Prism Touch™ The new Prism Touch™ combines rotary knob and operation buttons into a single operation mecahanism. This advanced design incorporates bright LEDs to light up the large operation buttons. The LED colours change according to the programme source and when adjusting the sound level during playback. These different colour schemes indicate the operation mode at a glance for enhanced operating pleasure while driving.

CD Text When a CD Text compatible CD is played, the artist name and tracks recorded on the CD are shown on the source unit's display.

CD Title Input Allows the user to program the CD Title for normal audio CD's. Whenever the CD is playing the CD Title is displayedon the source unit display.

24-bit DA Converter Audiophile grade Digital-Analogue Converter. Offers improved dynamic range, lower noise, and better sound quality over conventional 1-bit DAC designs.

20-bit AD Converter Incoming analogue signals are converted to digital audio using a 20-bit Analogue-Digital Converter.

Zero-Bit Detector™ A proprietory curcuit that mutes the audio output when no data is detected on the CD, helping to eliminate audible hiss between songs and during silent passages in music.

Auxilliary CeNet™ Input Allows additional CeNet™ compatible source units to be added to the system.

Remote Control Control the major audio functions with a convenient infra-red remote control.

DIN Sized Chassis The Standard DIN sized chassis allows for easy installation into most Australian, European and Japanese cars, without the need to cut or modify the dash opening.

Warranty:

12 Months manufacturers parts and labour warranty

[/quote:dfec277218]

Guest [ryan]

no problems

Yeah i definately reccomend it. It looks great, has a f**kLOAD of features, and is a SQ ( sound quality ) deck ontop of that. Beware, it hates dirty and scratched CD's. Doesn't skip easy tho. You can change the LCD backgrounds, screen savers, you can even change the color of the lighting on the buttons. In my opinion, the best all round head unit on the market

TV head units are cool, but seldom offer the same features and sound quality of a deck like this.