SAU Community

Arp Main Studs

Rezlo

Hi guys,

Getting some mixed up torque specs for ARP main studs in RB25's and RB26's, obviously ARP's guide lines are MUCH tighter than the regular fairly low torque RB mains.

Can any of you guys confirm specs on the ARP main stud torque? or maybe give the specs for the tomei studs just for interest sakes?

Thanks

25's and 26's have different studs, and as the thread pitch is different from one end to the other, i would suspect the torque to be similar to the factory bolts. Ive got a set of rb30 ones. What torque spec were you after, 25 or 26?

Its for a 25DET

The studs are 1.5 pitch into the block, and the nut is 1.25 pitch, 10mm

They appear to be 190 000psi, the 3 slightly longer ones are identical to my Datsun A15 head studs! which call for 60ft/tq

on the ARP spec sheet the only 190psi 10mm stud they list is 60ft-tq, the 170/180kpsi require 42ft/tq which is right on 56nm, very close to the stock spec!

SR20 + ARP = helicoil

Stuff helicoil, try cracked oil galley, or better yet, trying to line bore 1/2 ally 1/2 iron mains. I would never use any aftermarket main on a SR20 again, I have about 30-40 SR20's pushing over 300wkw on stock main bolts, never had a problem. RB's on the other hand use rather dinkey mains :-)

Must admit, im still very fond of my SR20's, somthing about a nice 276 HKS cam set, nice ported head, strong bottom end, good managment and a GT3076R .86 running 1.8bar makes for a very fun ride!

Edited by Rezlo