SAU Community

Prob with GTR... Auto electrician?

Can anyone recomend a good auto electrician? Im havig probs with the new car and it's really starting to bug me! Yesterday and today I was driving the car around for about five minutes and then suddenly the car would sort of jerk a bit, and then I would loose all rev power and the car would just sit on 1,000 revs and I could'nt moove the car, the needle would just hover between 1&2 revs. It would turn itself off, and then once I restarted it, it would drive fine. The problem happened again today. It feels like a fuel problem or a boost prob, any ideas?

Was the engine washed before it was sold to you? You could reset the comp. If its a fuel prob when you first start the car does it prime itself (buzz sound from the boot last for about 5-6 seconds). Is the battery ok?

Did the car get driven frequently before it was sold to you?

Sorry for the q's just trying to help a fellow GTR man

cheers

I dont think the engine baywas washed befoe I picked it up, as the car is like new. It drove fine on the way back to Canberra, the problem started 2 days after I got it.

Im not sure if it would be a battery problem, as the car starts fine and when driving just chockes and dies all of a sudden, usually when on boost. I wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere if you would like to have a look mat the car. It would be good to meet another GTR man.

Cheers

check you're intercooler hosses/clamps as if it's loose excess air gets in causing the air flow meters to enrich the fuel way too much. i'm hoping that's not the prob because if it is you'll need to replace the cat and the spark plugs.

that's my two cents, nice ride though.

then again if in doubt give jake at jakes performance a yell on 62554545 in mitchell (next door to pulfords) he'll sort out da prob.

good luck

MickGTR

yeah it would be good to meet up PM me and we'll organise a time. As whytry said intercooler pipes may be loose I hope its not at the intercooler its a bit of a pain to put back believe me.

cheers

• 4 weeks later...