SAU Community

Write Off Or Not?

hi guys

on saturday night my brother crashed my r32 skyline into a hilux. its pushed the passenger front side back about 6 inches not just the headlight or radiator support but the chassie under the front gaurd. so my question is does anyone think its worth fixing or should i just sell it for parts. i realize its hard to know with out a pic so ill try n get one soon but the chassie is kinked back and psuhed up a little. thanks in advance.

cheers

bart

I am guessing that you got no insurance....bad move....As a rule of thumb any car I own thats worth over 5 grand gets comprehensive...But I am guessing a lecture is the last thing you wanna hear right now.I would say yes give it a go to fix it...shop around for replacement panels and then when you feel you have the right parts then go and talk to a decent panelbeater...What you may think is a throwaway they can probably pull straight in a few hours...I have watched friends who are in the panelbeating trade literally fly through a car that sounds as bad as yours.....at least with front enders the chassis is less inclined to twist like rear ended cars...last thing you want is a car that crabs down the street...what area are you in ?

i live in mackay qld. nah no insurance because apparently my brother who crashed it does not have a licence even no hes had it back for over 2 years. looks like im just gonna sell it for parts

definately sell it off for parts.

you will probably get more for it that way...anyone who knows the cars been in a prang will say seeya later if you try selling it.

big crashes sometimes can be very hard to hide.

ur probably looking at 5g damage better if you can bargin the person down. say to them that you will advertise their sticker on your car and that you go to skylines events that can give them a little exposure. they might fall for ur offer or they might not but it sure is better than never asking and wondering.

Do you have insurance? Probably too late, but call up the owner of the Hilux tell them that if they're willing to overlook the fact your brother was driving and pretend that you were, your insurance will cover both their car and yours.

Then get your brother to pay out the excess and cover the difference in premium for the next five years.

Get your brother life insurance, get him to have you as the benificiery(spelling?), then kill that car crashing bum. You'll get a new car and he will never hurt another skyline again :yes: