SAU Community

350gt-8 Cvt Questions

Hi guys, have been a member for a little while because I have been looking into getting a 350GT sedan. I was actually just a vehicle inspection away from buying a series 2 premium model, 5sp auto with full leather on the weekend but unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the results of the inspection and decided to keep my dough!

I recently test drove a GT-8 and was impressed to say the least. Having read through the forums I came across the horror story of an experience that Kleenbeats had with his GT-8 but I don't think he ever posted whether or not the problem was fixed. I have called the service departments of a number of Nissan dealers here in Melbourne and they all confirmed that they either don't service these vehicles at all, or that they will do only the bare minimum mainly because Nissan Australia does not provide support for these vehicles. I just wanted to find out if anyone had any further info regarding these CVT's in relation to who can service/repair them and the cost of doing so. My heart is telling me to just go and buy one of these beauties but my mind is advising me make sure I have all bases covered especially in relation to the transmission. Any help is appreciated ;)

Hi guys, have been a member for a little while because I have been looking into getting a 350GT sedan. I was actually just a vehicle inspection away from buying a series 2 premium model, 5sp auto with full leather on the weekend but unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the results of the inspection and decided to keep my dough!

I recently test drove a GT-8 and was impressed to say the least. Having read through the forums I came across the horror story of an experience that Kleenbeats had with his GT-8 but I don't think he ever posted whether or not the problem was fixed. I have called the service departments of a number of Nissan dealers here in Melbourne and they all confirmed that they either don't service these vehicles at all, or that they will do only the bare minimum mainly because Nissan Australia does not provide support for these vehicles. I just wanted to find out if anyone had any further info regarding these CVT's in relation to who can service/repair them and the cost of doing so. My heart is telling me to just go and buy one of these beauties but my mind is advising me make sure I have all bases covered especially in relation to the transmission. Any help is appreciated ;)

I suppose the biggest disadvantage of the the cvt over the v35 is the availability of transmission parts. it would probably have to be a special order from japan.