SAU Community

Beeping Noise When Key Is Left In Ignition?

hey

i was just wondering if anyone knew how to disconnect the warning sound/beeping noise that comes on when u leave your key

in the ignition and open the door?

its getting pretty annoying when im working on my car and wanting to listen to music and that beeping sound is constantly on

as i have the door open and key in the barrel

seriously, this is something I have been meaning to investigate for years... it shit's me to tears!

If anyone has found the speaker, and put a screw driver through it, please let me know so I can do the same! :rofl:

yeah i have to agree working on my car drives me insane when there is this constant beep.

only thing its good for is when you leave the lights on.

rofl... trial and error with cutting wires...

If I have enough energy tonight I'll investigate this... If I can find the speaker then I shouldn't have any problems :rofl:

I have to looked for this stupid speaker. I have given up looking now, and when i work on the car i just unscrew the switch that knows when the doors are shut. If u unscrew that and disconnet the wires the beeping stops. YAY

the speaker sits directly infront of where your left knee is when your sitting in the drivers seat. Just take the bottom plastic panel off and you will find the speaker attatched to the back. disconnect the wiring from the speaker and enjoy the silence! (i am assuming R32)

the speaker sits directly infront of where your left knee is when your sitting in the drivers seat. Just take the bottom plastic panel off and you will find the speaker attatched to the back. disconnect the wiring from the speaker and enjoy the silence! (i am assuming R32)

spot on.

i was working on the car a couple weeks back and i saw the wire unplugged, so i plugged it in and now it beeps when i leave the lights on.

never knew of it!

I said something about this somewhere, apparently if you get rid of it you lose your demisters, hence making your car illegal? Or even more illegal than it already is :rofl:

incorrect.

my demisters have always worked, with or without the beeping.

can vouch for that, took it off when i was changing cluster lights, was wondering why it was so quiet :banana:

i can live with this beep. its the reverse one that i hate

Same. Where is the reverse beep coming from? First time I jumped in the car I'm like wtf? I'm not backing up a truck :D R34 btw.