SAU Community

Cheap 18" Tyres -

RubyRS4

if your going to pay 248 for 18" nakang then you might as well pay a little more and get MA-Z1 18"

Yeah. $261 each for the MA-Z1

maybe just go to that place on grand junction and hanson interchange.

I used to go there alot.

got about 4 sets from there.

you can basically walk around teh back and pick which set you want. If you have someone with you they usually pick out crap for you.

i was paying around 80 - 90 for bridgestones with 70 - 80% rubber.

I got a pair of Bridgestones 235/40 ZR18 today for $70 each. Both have 75% tread.

:cool:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the way to roll, get tyres that have come of rich people with euro cars.

People with big mercedes, beemers, porsche, audi, etc, etc are always changing their tyres due to their leasing arrangements.

You can get pirelli's, contential's, bridgestones, michelins, etc, etc at great prices with 70 percent tread for bugger all.

And they are top of the line tyres.

Its all good to get 2nd hand tyres, BUT make sure they havn't just been sitting around out the back of some random tyre joint and in the sun....... Soft tyre then turn hard and sh!t!!

I just got my new 245/35/19 for $200, no idea what brand.....LOL havnt even looked, but at the end of the day it comes down to what you use the car for, ie i'm not gonna be taking the whale up in the hills for a "spirited session" now am i, and htese tyres are pretty quiet also, so i'm happy!!

I know all about hard/soft rubber and affects of heat and letting them sit around.

I race my GSXR ... so tyre grip on two wheels is paramount :D

18's on the stag!

I'll post them up tomorrow. Keep in mind the coilovers are not fitted yet ... so its not getting lowered until Fri/Sat.

:/

hey does anyone know where i can get some decent second-hand tyres in the Eastern/Northern Suburbs?

and also how do u judge the percentage of the tread on tyres?

hey does anyone know where i can get some decent second-hand tyres in the Eastern/Northern Suburbs?

and also how do u judge the percentage of the tread on tyres?

I got mine from Used Tyre Mart on Grand Junction Road, just before Hanson Road.

$70-$90 for good used Continentals, Bridgestones etc

I have bridgestone protenza RE 01 and very happy with them 99% grip.To bad they don't make tham any more.Very important good tyres.But you gat what you paid for.

now they make adrenalins RE 001....which are really good tyres according to a few people that i know use them

rubzy - what brand of tyres? all brands or only specific?

i think it's any tyre really, if you want the cheapest then he just finds 3 or 4 of the chepaest tyres he can get and then you choose what you want, if your not fussed on the brand but you want soft or hard tyres then that's what he looks for.

:thumbsup:

Nankang? 245/40/18? Prices? :laugh:

PM me with a price for Nankang or Maxxis.

i'll ask him and let ya know as soon as i know and can get back on here.

yeah i want to see your price on the MAXXIS Z1 235x17x45

well is that a challenge hey? i'll let ya know buddy!

Superhomo's are dearer than maxxis.. that surprises me! Maxxis MAV1's are great for a nice quiet tyre with pretty good grip :D

Steve, who are those prices through? My dad is chasing 245/40/18 for his XR8 so i'm sussing some prices for him - will try this dealer of yours

I know all about hard/soft rubber and affects of heat and letting them sit around.

I race my GSXR ... so tyre grip on two wheels is paramount :D

What year and model is your trackbike?

I want to make my gixxer into a track bike only and by myself a new road bike

Any one watch telly ? Seen the bridgestone donuts add ?

The longest lasting , most important part of a tyre is the first 20% of the tread. (except donuts :D )

I would not trust my line with $90 tyres full stop , but for a few extra bucks It could save your life or someone else's .

High power car with cheap tyres , Why dont you just drive your cars on an ice road . (just plain stupid)

Do your research first boys and girls .

Getting back on track though , I found Hancooks to be fantastic value and supurb grip for a cheaper price.

My GTR puts out 297rwks and without doing a 5,000 launch struggles to break traction on stock rims with K102 rubber in a 225/50/16 size and half the price of potenza rubber. Out last the bridgestone by 2x and sticks better when worn past 20%.

What year and model is your trackbike?

I want to make my gixxer into a track bike only and by myself a new road bike

I'm selling the track bike now, with tyre warmers, race stands, spare gearbox, fairings, levers etc.

Ready to hit the track, ready to race.

2002 GSXR 600

$5000 for quick sale

I broke my shoulder, so I'm out of this season's racing. Time to upgrade then.

Buy mine and save your road bike :D