SAU Community

I Know This Has Been Asked Many Times

as a green p plater.in NSW

what are the pros and cons of//////

NA supra and r34 gt/ gt4( rb25de)

i dont want any other posts about other types of cars.

i just want to hear your ideas as i have my own and heard my friends ideas about them.

just post pros/cons of the car you have driven and why you would prefer it.

thanks guys!! :rofl:

i was a supra fan along time ago. but since i got back from japan the skyline prices have dropped and im really indterested in them

also s15 type s non turbo.... are around the same price....

supra 3L 6c NA 220hp 164kw

r34 2.5L 6c NA 193hp 142kw

s15 2L 4c NA 165hp 125Kw

ive heard r34 chew more petrol than the supra... how can this be true? 3L vs 2.5L :rofl:

soz double post

It's almost impossible to get an NA S15 here in Australia. The only NA S15 you'll find in Australia are those which have been converted or someone has brought them in as a personal import.

I can't really say which one would be better because I've never actually driven any of them before.

theres a few s type s15's

probably personal imports.but there all imports anyway so whats the probelm?haha

i will brobably go for the r34. 2nd is the s15. but NA s15 will be slow so i wont waste my cash.

Its very easier to see how a 3L uses less fuel then a 2.5. Anyone here ever owned a L series powered nissan or datsun? You might as well own a V8 for the fuel they used. Its to do with the way they deliver their power, how they are cam'd etc. Lots of factors but yes.

As for peak power its a bad guide in my book. A good area under the graph (so to speak) in the HP curve could make a car with alot less HP be a faster car as it has more grunt available initially and over the entire rev range rather then peaking. Knew a Mx5. Had the flatest power graph I've ever seen. Great track car. Horrible drag car. Pends on the style your after.

Supras have no boot as opposed to the R34. I know it sounds stupid now but you want to take a special someone away a boot is something you need. Actually like the look of the supra over the R34. Thats about where my knowledge ends.