SAU Community

Gran Turismo 7 Time trial

After the version 1.48 update this week I was so excited about the EG Civic (Yes, I like old Civics, don't judge me) that I challenged my brother-in-law @r-is-for-fun to a time trial challenge. An EG Civic with any mods around Tsukuba. (Note that this is also this weeks Sport time trial which I hadn't seen, minus the mods).

So, my EG was converted to a B18, left NA and upped to ~240hp. Full weight reduction (879kg) and I managed a 58.223.

I think Al's best was around a 58.4.

I'm opening the floor now, what can you do with a modified EG around Tsukuba?

• Like 1

• PranK changed the title to Gran Turismo 7 Time trial
4 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Wow, didn't even mention the R31 GTS-R :(

Yes of course I bought it and painted it white/slate like my old GXE 😢 

Oh man I'm so excited for that one too! These still are very high on my fave cars list. 

What's our time trial for these? Kyoto driving Park?

On 01/06/2024 at 12:46 AM, PranK said:

Oh man I'm so excited for that one too! These still are very high on my fave cars list. 

What's our time trial for these? Kyoto driving Park?

I do the online time trials to get silver (1mil credits).

Currently the EG at Tsukuba I got 1:14.015.

Show me what you got! (Don't take it too seriously I only use the controller, CBF setting up G29).

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 10:44 PM, niZmO_Man said:

Wow, didn't even mention the R31 GTS-R :(

Yes of course I bought it and painted it white/slate like my old GXE 😢 

Blitz ER34 at some point hopefully, should be allowed in Gr3 if they do.

• Like 2

This week is the McLaren F1 GTR around Le Man. 

I have a 3:48 ish I think (from memory) which is 2 secs off silver. 

My issue is that I did a heap of the current daily race c around Le Man with the 787B first and switching to the McLaren is hard.

I was able to improve to a 3:46.7 which was .5 slower than silver. I just couldn't do any better but then I was able to just link the sections so nicely and got a 3:44.6. stoked with that. 

AMG around Barcelona looks good. I'll save that for the weekend.

• Like 1

Just did 3:45.019 around the Le Mans circuit with the McLaren F1 hehe. I put traction to 1 so can floor it out of corners without much worry.

Will do Catalunya later.

• Like 2

Does this count as a time trial as well? I got all gold in the master super licence (1 lap time trial) and received a McLaren MP4/4 for my trouble. 

If anyone else has done this, did you ride the wall right around the first long right hander at Lake Louise snow track to get gold? I couldn't do it any other way... best I could do without riding the was was within 2 tenths of the gold time.

11 hours ago, Rezz said:

Does this count as a time trial as well? I got all gold in the master super licence (1 lap time trial) and received a McLaren MP4/4 for my trouble. 

If anyone else has done this, did you ride the wall right around the first long right hander at Lake Louise snow track to get gold? I couldn't do it any other way... best I could do without riding the was was within 2 tenths of the gold time.

Thats nuts. I'd like to get all gold but man, some of them are hard. 

Do you have a wheel & pedals ? Not sure you could do it on the pad.

On 19/06/2024 at 9:50 AM, PranK said:

Thats nuts. I'd like to get all gold but man, some of them are hard. 

Do you have a wheel & pedals ? Not sure you could do it on the pad.

Yep wheel and pedals, Thrustmaster T150 Pro with 3 pedals and TH8A Shifter installed on a Playseat Challenge. I had to rig up a custom mount using Meccano style metal plates and stays to get the TH8A mounted, but it's rock solid.

thumbnail_DSC_1059.jpg

• Like 1

Oh damn, thats seriously cool.

I have the Thrustmaster T248 which is the entry level one. Its really good but I have no basis for comparison as I've never used a better one. I'd like to change the pedals for the pressure ones (cant remember the name) and get a proper frame and seat because I just have a stand for the pedals and wheel now and I need to brace them against things so they dont move when I'm trying to pull up after a long straight! 🤣

EDIT: These ones; https://www.thrustmaster.com/products/t-lcm-pedals/

Yep a sturdy seat holding the wheel and pedals is an absolute must. If I did it all again I'd probably go for a proper fixed seat rather than the Playseat Challenge. It's good enough and it does fold up for storage which is really good if you don't have space (like me), but the pedals do have a tendency to lift up under very hard braking at the pedal brace joint where the pedal part folds up when stored. I should use some Meccano pieces to prevent it from happening but then I'll lose the folding ability. It does have amore 'laid back' position as well which is halfway between touring car and single seater position, which I reckon is perfect for long sessions like the 1 hour races.

Yeah I think I need a seat and frame. I recently bought a 32" 4K Samsung monitor to use and its just so good! It made a real difference for me.

Are your pedals load cell / pressure ones? 

The T3PA pedals have a potentiometer. You can upgrade the brake pedal to load cell which I'll do eventually but my son reckons the brake pedal is fine just how it is (with the conical rubber brake mod increasing the braking pressure to 25kg or so). It is 'rubbery' though, and as such is a bit uncertain when you're at 100% braking force or a few fractions of a degree off.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2024 at 11:57 PM, niZmO_Man said:

C'mon Prank, first proper lap out I did 1:53 on cataluyna, with PS4 controller hehe

Dang. I'll have to up my game.