SAU Community

Semiauto/manual

hey guys i was wondering if its worth going semi auto and saving some cash if i was going to upgrade to turbo in 2 years time?

im buying a rb25gt.

any semi auto drivers here of the r34?

regards brad.

N/A is still N/A...lol

I personally hate the feel of driving an auto as I sometimes feel the car is in control instead of me when breaking and taking off. then again I havent driven a GT yet. If your definite that your gonna upgrade it then whatever is cheaper really maybe?

but in tip tronic if you are in low rpm will it automaticly gear down? id hate that...i know you control the up and down gearing. but im sure it could happen ehehe.

ill test drive them this weekend if i have time!

i drive a semi auto r34 turbo

it will never be the same as a manual, but i still love driving it :)

i only put it in Drive on freeways, most times i'm using the tiptronic and shifting gears myself.

i've driven manuals before, and for my sorta daily driving i prefer the semi auto (which is why i got it) as i drive in lots of traffic and manual would be torture. semi auto is basically manual without the clutch. thats how i see it anyway...

and better for straight line drags :D

up to you though, but do NOT get a auto non turbo lol you will hate your life! it should atleast be turbo

up to you though :)

I just bought a r34 tiptronic and I not happy with the way it changes gear. It just feels slugish till the boost kicks in and then the shifts from 2nd to 3rd feel spongy. Will be trying a manual out shortly to compare.