SAU Community

Who Has Been Done?

LRyder

Mate skyline/import owners already had a bad name before I bought one.

What if I drove a turbo volvo and never got picked up once, but it still makes it ilegal. Does that then give a bad name for all volvo drivers?

The fact is skylines have been a target car befor I got mine.

But I dont have the luxuray of towing it to the track, I got to do what I got to do, dosnt make me a bad person.

you bought the car forewell knowing it was illegal to drive it on the street and with the possibility of getting caught and then when you get caught (which you will) you will be the first to winge about being targeted. Wether you are driving a volvo or a skyline is not the issue. if you break the law and get caught expect to suffer the consiquences.

you are right on one thing, skyline/import owners do have a bad name and you may not have caused it initially but you are deffinately aiding the legacy.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you bought the car forewell knowing it was illegal to drive it on the street and with the possibility of getting caught and then when you get caught (which you will) you will be the first to winge about being targeted. Wether you are driving a volvo or a skyline is not the issue. if you break the law and get caught expect to suffer the consiquences.

you are right on one thing, skyline/import owners do have a bad name and you may not have caused it initially but you are deffinately aiding the legacy.

Yeh mate I did buy it full well noing it was ilegal, and if I do get caught it is somthing I have factered in.

Im not gona be the one to have a winge about being targeted, because by choising to drive I skyline I acept that naturaly I will be targeted. I was aware of it from the start.

I think this topic is geting off what I oringaly started it for.

Which is not what the laws are, not why I am choising to disabay these laws, not why I have to justify my decision.

But I simply wanted to no who has gotten away with it.

Thats all.

Yeh mate I did buy it full well noing it was ilegal, and if I do get caught it is somthing I have factered in.

Im not gona be the one to have a winge about being targeted, because by choising to drive I skyline I acept that naturaly I will be targeted. I was aware of it from the start.

I think this topic is geting off what I oringaly started it for.

Which is not what the laws are, not why I am choising to disabay these laws, not why I have to justify my decision.

But I simply wanted to no who has gotten away with it.

Thats all.

Don't worry about laws, you need some better spelling. Yeah I gave up on driving my R33 on Ps, copped some SR20 lovin'. It's not as fantastic, but at least its still turbo, couldn't bear to roll around in a N/A 'line no offence. Are the new P plates a different colour? What's the deal with the green ones?

If you don't want to look into the special exemption thingy, how about not putting your P Plates up?

It's a gamble. It will decrease the number of times you are pulled over (especially if your ride sounds/drives stock), but will increase the consequences if you get caught. You can always say you just forgot to put your plates up that day... if it's a nice cop (rare) he might let it slide with a warning but you will still be docked for the power issue.

isn't it around 150rwkw or does it take it from the fly??

if it's around 150rwkw and they take it from there... and around 1200kg it works out 105kw per tonne and the limits 125kw per

from the fly

I drove a kitted, dumped S15 sporting 18's as a daily for 2 years on my P's. I got defecetd and EPA'd about 8-10 times but never done for pwr2weight.

s15's are legal, as are s14's, s13's aren't

Not necessary there's alot of tuff RB20s out there. At least You have alittle less trouble with police I say alittle Because they try and get you some other way epa defect.

You can even get a fined for modifiyed vechile.

Dont forget modifying the car from its factory state is also coming under fire now.

So if you have an exhaust, which increases power, now puts the car in the illegal category. :/

LOL @ all the people flaming the poster for stupidly buying a turbo car on his P's saying he's breaking the law. (Not that i disagree :/ )

...PowerFC (amongst others) is also illegal, yet how many people here still install them....(myself included) :banana:

*runs from angry mob*

How much is R32 gts-t from the fly and whats the weight? I always get mixed answers some people say its under the power to weight ratio and legal to drive on P's and others say its illegal.. anyone know 100% the EXACT power/weight and done the calculations?

thanks

I thought i had it confirmed just did a google search and found http://www.importdriver.com.au/Coupe_Targa.htm

I understand 160kW sounds about right since i see that same figure everywhere.. but for the weight it says 1290KG.. It doesnt specify if its the 2 door coupe or the 4 door because the 2 door would be lighter.. and http://www.thenissanskyline.com/r32-specs.php says 1320KG for the Type M but again doesnt specify 2 door or the 4 door.. Anyone know the specific weight of the 93 R32 Type M 2 Door Coupe?

EDIT: Ok looks like its around 1320KG.. so if i get pulled over and the cop asks how much KW and weight, i pretty much say 160KW at the flywheel and over 1320KG (taking into account my rims & petrol).. so would i get off fine with not having a high powered vehicle considering that equals to 121kW per Tonne (Calculated on http://webapps.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vr...213calc1)

Edited by cosmokram3r

I thought i had it confirmed just did a google search and found http://www.importdriver.com.au/Coupe_Targa.htm

I understand 160kW sounds about right since i see that same figure everywhere.. but for the weight it says 1290KG.. It doesnt specify if its the 2 door coupe or the 4 door because the 2 door would be lighter.. and http://www.thenissanskyline.com/r32-specs.php says 1320KG for the Type M but again doesnt specify 2 door or the 4 door.. Anyone know the specific weight of the 93 R32 Type M 2 Door Coupe?

EDIT: Ok looks like its around 1320KG.. so if i get pulled over and the cop asks how much KW and weight, i pretty much say 160KW at the flywheel and over 1320KG (taking into account my rims & petrol).. so would i get off fine with not having a high powered vehicle considering that equals to 121kW per Tonne (Calculated on http://webapps.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vr...213calc1)

TMU don't ASK you what your weight and power output is, they have a little chart that tells them.