SAU Community

12.1s With 205rwkw

phwoar. i reckon ive got about 250, so we might give it a good shake! smash all the hsvs there running 14s.

it sounds like you haven't run your car at WSID before correct?

if so, don't be surprised to get a few 13-14 second time slips before your 250rwkw gets you something like a flat 13 or high 12.

it sounds like you haven't run your car at WSID before correct?

if so, don't be surprised to get a few 13-14 second time slips before your 250rwkw gets you something like a flat 13 or high 12.

youre right. im realistically expecting low 13s, theres a lot of time to lose in the launch i guess.

I had 5 runs on my first time there in a 200sx.

first run was a 14.8

last run was a 13.8

every run I did, I thought, I'll change this next time etc and it kept improving.

lots of fun. espesially the 14.8 run, which was, wheel spin, wheel spin, wheel spin, wheel spin, rev limiter in first, second, wheel spin, wheel spin, wheel spin all the while swinging the rear left to right and back... rev limiter in 2nd, 3rd, bog... then eventually cross the line just hitting the limiter in 3rd.. lol.

lots of fun. espesially the 14.8 run, which was, wheel spin, wheel spin, wheel spin, wheel spin, rev limiter in first, second, wheel spin, wheel spin, wheel spin all the while swinging the rear left to right and back... rev limiter in 2nd, 3rd, bog... then eventually cross the line just hitting the limiter in 3rd.. lol.

haha must have had no traction at all! my car has tons, except when its wet lol. when i launch off the lights i might wheelspin a bit through 1st, little chirp into 2nd then off she goes!

yeh.. it was more to do with nerves and 45 psi in the rear wheels (which were 255/35/17).

I eventually got a 1.9 60" with good controlled launch and 19psi in the rears.

are you using your street tyres?

what are they?

yeh.. it was more to do with nerves and 45 psi in the rear wheels (which were 255/35/17).

I eventually got a 1.9 60" with good controlled launch and 19psi in the rears.

are you using your street tyres?

what are they?

255/40/17 bridgestone potenza streets, id say they are pretty high-end since they were over $400 each. i run around with 36psi, and it says on them "traction - AA" haha.

too bad they only last 15000km.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its do-able ... 240kw netted me a 12.4 that's with poor clutch and tires... Im confident i could post a very low 12 now.

Sti is fair bit lighter, so with the right driver who isn't nervous on take off should be in lower 12 second bracket.

Edited by Tomek

• 2 weeks later...

my old 03 rex did 13.3 with shity clutch, had 169kw at all 4s so 12.1 is possible my friend with right combination tyres, softer suspension, super reflexes and an advantage of 4wd it is possible

it can be done no worries

i have a mate with a wrx sti 2000 model

239kw at the wheels

12.3 down the quarter ill call him to get the time slip and try and find a scanner at work

wrx's are so expensive to modify as well the power really has to be dragged out of them not like a gtr where u just upgrade turbos

cheers

julz

it can be done no worries

i have a mate with a wrx sti 2000 model

239kw at the wheels

12.3 down the quarter ill call him to get the time slip and try and find a scanner at work

wrx's are so expensive to modify as well the power really has to be dragged out of them not like a gtr where u just upgrade turbos

cheers

julz

how are they more expensive to modify? power fc + td05 (big wheel turbo?) + fuel pump + ebc gets em to 200 + awkw. they dont even need to change injectors till 250awkw..

same mods as gtr's, only gtr turbos cost alot more and gtr's need to upgrade injectors to get descent power/weight figures compared to the wrx

My R32 GTR only had 211AWKW and it ran a 12.1@109mph

So i think an Sti that is only making 5-10KW less would have no problem running that time

It also probably weighs 200kgs less

how are they more expensive to modify? power fc + td05 (big wheel turbo?) + fuel pump + ebc gets em to 200 + awkw. they dont even need to change injectors till 250awkw..

same mods as gtr's, only gtr turbos cost alot more and gtr's need to upgrade injectors to get descent power/weight figures compared to the wrx

well he modded his wrx and i modded my gtr and he spent way more to get basically the same power at the wheels

does that make sense