SAU Community

Issues With Cooling Pro Stealth Kit

I now have my stealth kit but am having major issues putting it on, everything seems to be out by about an inch, I don't know whether I've been sent the wrong kit or the welding on it is buggered but it's got me shitted off haha.

So I was wondering if anyone out there who has fitted one to a S1 R33 GT-ST has any pics of it mounted with the front spoiler off or even just it sitting behind the front bar, it would be awesome, thanks in advance if anyone does.

Or if there are any pointers out there anything would help. Saying 'don't buy a cooling pro' does *not* help the situation btw (even though I'm sort of leaning towards that).

i fitted a cooling pro kit on mine. not the stealth kit. a hybrid copy, tube and fin, with trust style elongated end tanks.

i had to mix and match brackets, and basically make the thing fit. no way the standard fittings were going to work.

i also ended up using a longer silicone joiner in the engine bay where two of the cooler pips were too far apart.

just get creative. it seemed like the guys at JJ chuck a bunch of brackets in there without much thinking going on.

In the first pic it looks like the cooler is to far left, line the end's of the core with the bottom of the headlight and you can see it. I think that bracket bolted to the rad support is on the piss.

it doesnt look like you've bent the chassis tip either. this will allow you to slope the cooler, bottom side towards the car. it might make things line up.

post-29392-1208926201_thumb.jpg

I bought a Just Jap kit years ago and had the same problem. Ended up having to make new brackets from aluminium to space things out.

Can you move the cooler back further towards the radiator? If not, what is blocking it?

the ac fan is the major thing in the way that wont allow it to swing an further bak towards the radiator

also yours has just the single bracket in the middle on the cooler to hold it up, mine had to and needed to be bolted up to the reo. whats the go here? i think ur one would be easyier to install and if anything hold ur cooler further back...

Worst case remove the pipe and take it to someone who can weld an additional 30mm to it.

Aren't the cooling pro kits a China brand item? I'm seeing alot of victims from cheap china parts lately, the GReddy coolers arent that much dearer...