SAU Community

looking for personall opinions onnly

Guest Boxhead

Guest Boxhead

whats your opinions on wether we should have a national club? or individual state clubs??

ive stated my OPINION!...

so eveyrone can state there, no arguments, just everyone adding there 2 cents...

Guest Boxhead

no, who said that, im honestly asking everyone personal opinions.. like.. not considering and government body interventions... which would you guys rather join...

In the end the result would be the same, each state would be responsible for itself. I don't understand why are getting so worked up about it, really. The NSW guys did look into it at the start when they got it going and it was discussed at the time.

There's really no point worrying about it, if people aren't happy with the way things are being done then I suggest doing it themselves. I'm not having a go at you, but i have been around here since most of this started, and pretty much everything was put in the open for discussion.

The club is meant to be a fun thing, and no offence, but if it's starting like this before we even have a club going it's going to end up in the sh*t real fast. We will all be one national club in a sense, it's just that on paper each state club will be seperate. Is it really that hard to understand ?

Guest Boxhead

birty, you are reading way too much into this aye, all i asked for is for ppls opinions, im not trying to change anything, or bitch about how things have been done, all im asking for is ppls opinions.

Yeah that's cool, but I really can't see any reason in pursuing the question. I'm not having a go at you, but surely you can understand how it could be seen as nothing more then stirring **** that doesn't need to be touched ???

Guest Boxhead

but still, everyone has there right to express there opinion, so surely you can see that is why i have started this thread... just to see ppls opinions.. im not asking is it viable or possible, just askingwhich they prefer???

i can see benifits of each.. so.. what is your opinion.. YOUR being keyword...

Well what benefits would we get out of running it as one national club ? In your opinion ? Because we will always be brought together by the forums and hopefully, eventually have an annual meet up. But we'll still need each state to have people in charge looking after it, i trust the judgement of of george and prank and the other guys who have looked into it and done it.

The other thread was closed for a reason, nothing positive will come of it. I really don't see any point in worrying about it.

Guest Boxhead

the question was never do you trust their judgement.. i was just asking for your f*cking opinion.. not a bloody 4 page essay on your political bullsh*t.....

geeez.. us christ...

I really don't want this to get personal ok, you're voiceing your opinion and so am I. I have not looked into it like they have, and neither have you. All state clubs will be affiliated and we will be a national club, it just won't be on paper.

You just need to calm down a bit, it's getting us no where.

Your both a pair of whinging bitches.

I reckon there should be none of this "club" ****, just a forum on the net and a whole heap of individually organised meets like the skid pan at mt cotton that occured recently.

My 2 cents. Which is worth heaps more than your 2 cents. Ner ner.

Originally posted by krawler

whole heap of individually organised meets like the skid pan at mt cotton that occured recently.

one of the biggest benifits of a club is the fact that you will be covered by public liability insurance, as a collective, when going out on these meets.

no club = no insurance = possibly big law suits

Why do you need insurance when its something like the skid pan?

Mt Cotton Skid Pan People Pty Ltd would be covered for the participants so at the actual event you're covered. On the way TO the event, surely its just the same as if you drove anywhere by yourself?

No organised club == no target worth sueing. :uh-huh:

Originally posted by doxximus

organised club = possible sponsorship = possible cheap shiznat

That's what I'm talking about. I know a few people (especially up here) do feel a bit like this, but it's natural progression really, everyone will benifet from having an official club.

My personal opinion is to have the clubs separated into states. The state clubs should all be affiliated and have joint events etc. from time to time.

Every other car or bike club I know of or have been a member of is organised this way for a very good reason.....it works.:(

Originally posted by Boxcar Racer

whats your opinions on wether we should have a national club? or individual state clubs??

Boxcar, i think you're missing the point. We ARE a national club. But we need to have separate state chapters.

It's not just for the legal/govt reasons already mentioned in numerous threads.

We are a huge country, could you imagine the headaches of only having ONE president, ONE (or two) vice presidents, ONE secretary and ONE treasurer trying to run this club over the entire country??

Every time you wanted to organise an offical club event you would have to send the money to the proper club official...who might live in Perth, while you're in Brisbane?? Each state needs to be able to organise their own events, within their own state, with other members who live there.

Maybe what is missing here, is an understanding of how the state chapters will be affiliated into an umbrella organisation (if this is the case) ??