SAU Community

Buying From Interstate

manc01

Hi there,

Sorry for a bit of a noob question but I have searched & can't seem to find what I am after. I have been searching for a specific detailed car. 2003 - 2005 Skyline V35 350GT (preferably premium), black, manual & with a sunroof (If you find one let me know!). If by some miracle I find one interstate (can't seem to find one in Japan either!) does it have to be inspected when it gets registered in SA? If so is it going to be a headache?

Edited by manc01

Been covered several times before.. but seeing you're new. yes you need to go for a "vehicle identification check" at regency if you happen to live in metropolitan adelaide. Although they're not there specifically to defect you, you still can't have obvious defects .. such as too dark tint, excessively low, turbo timers, boost controllers and the like.

There was for sale in adelaide not that long ago i will try and find the link to the post for you!!!

Try to PM V35 GT8 off of these forums to see if his car is for sale. It is already Adelaide registered and i think that it may be and auto but it is black with a sunroof and nice wheels. It is definetley wortha look as a reference point and maybe take it far a drive to see if you like the way they drive.

Edited by Evil34

Hi there,

thanks for the replies. I knew that it had to be covered somewhere on the forums but I couldnt find what I was looking for in my searches. Good that I wasnt flamed :P . I had terrible trouble at Regency years ago with a modified car. I hope that I would not experience the same thing again. If there is anywhere I could take it pre inspection to help me make sure it passes please let me know. Thanks for the heads up on Sturt I will head there.

can you bring it to sturt instead of regency? i heard that they are easier on you, when you get the i.d check.

they are the same people that do the regency inspections.

they have all the tools to check tint, exhaust ect.

sturt is just more convenient for southern people

Sturt technically is for people who do not reside in the metro adelaide area and cannot get to Regency easily - it says so on the rta website (although many people don't seem to have problems taking their car for the vehicle check). As for pre-inspection.. just tell us what it's got and we'll tell you if it's likely to be passed.

Here's what it says on their website.

Vehicle Inspection

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/registratio...egistration.asp

Interstate vehicle registration

You must register your vehicle in South Australia within 3 months if you move from another state or territory of Australia and become a permanent resident.

Unless you hold a current interstate registration certificate in exactly the same name as the intended South Australian registration, you must first obtain an Identity Inspection to ensure the correct identity of the vehicle. The vehicle can be inspected at the following inspection stations upon payment of the correct fee (*Identity Inspection $25.00).

If you live within a 40 kilometre radius of the Adelaide GPO, the vehicle must be inspected by the

• Vehicle Identity Assessment Station and Safety Group

7 Naweena Road , Regency Park 5010

8 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)

No appointment is necessary.

Remember this is also just a vehicle identity check.. you will still need to do your own Vehicle Security Check (to see if there any encumbrances on the car).

hello i am new to this forum as well.well, on the TSA website said that if u live more than 40km from town, u can just take it to the local cop shop. i am doing mine in a couple of weeks too. finger cross.