SAU Community

Clutch Switch In R33 Gts-t

I was going to wire a clutch switch to my ECU for launch control/flat shift.

Found there was already one there in the clutch bracket.

Any one know what this is used for?

I could put another switch there but that would involve making up some brackets etc. If I can use this existing one I'd be stoked.

If it's not used for anything I could wire straight off it, or if it is used - I could wire up a relay to repeat the status of the clutch to the two circuits.

If anyone has a circuit diagram that would even be better.

Thanks,

Aaron.

Edited by aaron_25t

OK got a bit more information:

The clutch switch has its own error code in the HICAS diagnostics. Is it just used for HICAS?

I have a HICAS lock bar on the car so might not need this and can rewire?

Anyone?

I've managed to get a copy of the engine chapter of the workshop manual - doubt it's gonna be in there but will have a look tonight.

Otherwise I'll have to trace the circuit back...

i have had my clutch switch hooked up to launch controll (gizmo launch interface) in my r33 gtst and had no issues with Hicas.

So i dont see how you will have any issues if i did not :)

Excellent, just what I wanted to hear - thanks for that.

Did you cut the existing wires off and rewire?

How's the Gizzmo? Find it useful? Is the flat shift more a lil more beneficial than the launch control in a RWD?

i have had my clutch switch hooked up to launch controll (gizmo launch interface) in my r33 gtst and had no issues with Hicas.

So i dont see how you will have any issues if i did not :(

Edited by aaron_25t

I never actually set it up properly yet.. lol... I kept showing off pop pop bang bang and it cost me a gt35r so I leave it turned off now :D

Excellent, just what I wanted to hear - thanks for that.

Did you cut the existing wires off and rewire?

How's the Gizzmo? Find it useful? Is the flat shift more a lil more beneficial than the launch control in a RWD?

Ouch...how long did you have it before it went? Maybe not such a good idea then...

Did a search and some guy had one for sale a while back and wired it like this, looks like you got this one :D Hope you don't mind me pulling this pic up:

g4.jpg

Thought i had this sussed but what is that rectangular object all taped up in the pic with the terminals coming out?

Edited by aaron_25t

hahahaa thats in my car atm :D

It was in there for about 2 months.. i gave it a little workout but not as much to wreck a perfectly good turbo, my turbo was flogged for years before this unit came along.. it just speed up the process.

Its a relay, the mafia hooked it up because the switch is the reverse of what is needed he made the relay setup for it which worked well

Ahh thought so - all sorted now.

That makes sense now, I need a normally closed contact, I'll test the switch tonight to see which it is and whether I need the relay.

Thanks for the help :)

hahahaa thats in my car atm :(

It was in there for about 2 months.. i gave it a little workout but not as much to wreck a perfectly good turbo, my turbo was flogged for years before this unit came along.. it just speed up the process.

Its a relay, the mafia hooked it up because the switch is the reverse of what is needed he made the relay setup for it which worked well