SAU Community

Painting Brake Calipers>>>>

Basically just wanting to see what would look best....

I have a Silver Series II R33...so yeah if u have any pics of ur coloured brakes on a silver car, it would be great to see what they look like...

Let me know...

Cheers

Matt

^^^ went the brembo theme haha, looks good

just a tip with the painting, make sure they are absolutely clean when your painting (so get heaps of brake cleaner, dont cheap out on it), if you dont prep it well, under the extreme heat the paint will flake off easily then your calipers will = ghey

I went gold with red writing... i think it looks alright ! :thumbsup:

east_bear_lip_quarter.jpg

Hey mate where you get the front lip from, I prefer it to be a plastic rather than fibreglass one.

here's mine,

post-29425-1210333152_thumb.jpg

Hey mate where you get the front lip from, I prefer it to be a plastic rather than fibreglass one.

Off the forums.. it's an East Bear splitter.. don't think they do plastic just glass, the bar is plastic though.

at the moment i am leaning towards silver so it look clean, simple and crisp....i mainly am doin it so that i dont see that 'rust' coloured brown on the rotor and the brake....

keep the suggestions coming!

oh forgot to mention

i actually think silver on the hub (where the wheel bolts to) and red on the caliper itself

in my mind, there are only 2 options for either

hubs: silver, black

calipers: red, gold, silver, or black

make whatever combo you want from the above but these colours are always going to look the best as they are well known factory brake colours.

if you start playing around with pansy colours like purple (someone suggested it) you are going to get laughed at. stick with the tried and tested as it shows that you know about brakes, not that you were bored and went shopping at supercheap

given the R-series skylines had nice looking sumitomo brakes i would paint the calipers a bold colour like red.

on my V35 the brakes are less nice to look at so i left them silver to draw less attention :)

red with white writing seems to look good but some people will say its a bit boy/girl racer looking...

do your hubs matt black, i do mine matt black. i reckon it makes your mags look bigger.

doing the hubs same colour as the calipers will probably look over done.

black ftw

DSCF1933.jpg

Very nice mate...planning to do mine black when I fit my rotors next weekend hopefully. Was trying to decide on a color for the lettering and yours may have helped...is that white or silver?

Can I ask what you used for the calipers themselves, and how you went about doing the lettering? Feel free to PM me :domokun:

Very nice mate...planning to do mine black when I fit my rotors next weekend hopefully. Was trying to decide on a color for the lettering and yours may have helped...is that white or silver?

Can I ask what you used for the calipers themselves, and how you went about doing the lettering? Feel free to PM me :domokun:

My mate did them. Basically painted the calipers black, when dry lightly sanded the word "Nissan" back. So its just steel. Gives a really good finish, because tring to paint the letter seperatly or whateva never comes out well.... hope that helps.