SAU Community

R33 Gtr Wheel On A R32 Gts-t

hi guys, i need some help my r33 gtr wheels are scrubbing the rear arches on my r32 gtst what are my options? i don't really want to get them rolled. at the moment ive got just lowering spring but i was thinking of getting coilovers, will these solve the problem? any advice would be good as i need to get my car back on the road the nice weather only last a few months in the UK.

thanks

when you say roll them what do you mean? push them up and out? i was told i can only get them rolled a little and my wheels stick out too much can't i just get coilovers won't that solve the problem?

its not that low the front is fine the back only scrubs when the roads not level or on pot holes but does happen a lot. my car feels very bouncy and i feel every bump in the road. at the moment i've take the rear wheels off but i can get you a picture if that helps. i did think the gap between the rear wheels and the arch would be enough but its obviously not. the gap between the front arches and the wheels is less than the rear but they don't touch.

try using 245/40/17.

mine scrubed when i had 255/45/17 on the rear of my 33.changed it to a 40 series tyre and no more scrubing.

hope this helps.

Coilovers will only help as they are likely to give you a firmer ride, whic means less suspension travel. But it will still rub and a pretty poor bandaid to the problem.

Stick with whtever tyre you have at the front, just put a lower profile tyre on the rear, or even a 235/45 or 235/40. But really, to roll the guards it costs about $50 a corner, its cheap and worth trying

you have 4 options:

increase the camber (may cause added tyre wear)

reduce the tyre size/profile (reduces ur choice in tyre selection)

raise and firm the suspension (will only reduce the scrubbing, wont eliminate it)

roll the guards (if not done properly can ripple the guard lip)

----

Your BEST and only option if you don't want your car looking like a truck is to get a roll done.

I've got R33 GT-R wheels on my R32 GTS-t with coilovers and 235/45 rubber all round - it scrubbed violently over rough surfaces, even after i tried lowering the car and the wheels sat in a little it was still useless before i had a guard roll.

My guards did not get flared out as it was unnecessary with these wheels - only the lip got folded inward with no dramas and the guard looks like normal:

post-2240-1210855236_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Steve.

can u increase the camber on stock suspension fronts and rears on r32 gtst? i thought it's not adjustable !!

there is standard adjustment, but its not much, ud need some adjustable camber arm/bushes.