SAU Community

Sau Nsw Wakefield Track Day

Abo Bob

We are running this as a driver training day, meaning that passengers are allowed all day. This will be good for people needing some instruction. You can have an experienced person in the passenger seat giving you some tips then you can go out in their car as passenger to see what they do.

I want a big showing for this. If you only go to one track day this year, make it this one. It's going to be a big social event with great fun racing as well. I want all you newbies out there taking advantage of the instruction available because you don't get opportunities like this anymore. When I started doing track days about 4 years ago, passengers were allowed most of the time, now it's rare.

With this in mind we have secured some insurance that basically lets us do what we want. :thumbsup:

The other people that I really want there are the club elders, the guys with heaps of experience and fast cars. We need you guys to be our instructors. We are limiting the numbers of entrants as per last year so that everyone gets heaps of track time.

No doubt there will be a bunch of people going down the night before for some cheap accommodation and frivolity. We will have a separate accommodation thread. Edit - here it is.

Please read this and follow the instructions!

Entry will be $160 per car for SAU club members and $180 for non members. Cars can be double entered but needs double payment. You can enter two cars for one driver but we reserve the right to charge extra for this depending on the take up.

You need either a CAMS L2S licence or a Wakefield/AASA Licence. The CAMS one costs $88 a year and is used on most tracks around the country for a number of different kind of events (particularly the L2S open days that a number of us go to quite regularly) and must be purchased before the event. You need to be a member of a CAMS affiliated club, like SAU, to get one of these too. The Wakefield licence costs $50 a year and is available on the day from the track.

You will also nee a helmet, long pants and long sleeve shirt.

Refunds will be given up to 3 weeks before the event or, if after this date, when someone else takes your spot. We will be keeping a reserve list as I expect this event to sell out.

CAMS L2S Application form - Click to download

The Skylines Australia bank account details are as follows:

Bank - NAB

Branch - Marrickville

Account name - Skylines Australia NSW

BSB - 082 356

Account number - 546 393 766

Please put your full name in the description. If you are depositing at a branch then make sure you put your name on the deposit form (I know there is a spot for it on there somewhere) and ask the teller to enter it so he/she doesn't forget.

(Alternatively you van use a credit card or Paypal by following this link.)

When you have done all this email me at - bob at estc dot net dot au - with your internet banking receipt or date and branch of deposit.

Please include in the email:

Full name -

User name on the forums -

Mobile Number -

Amount paid -

Previous Wakefield lap time -

(put other track lap time if unknown or write newbie if that's what you are)

Copy and paste the above to make it easier for me.

Important - You will not be confirmed until a deposit has been made.

The following people have expressed interest in the other thread:

R33Turbo

blk180

MattD

GTR32X

HuH

scathing

Merli

That's 26. We're looking for around 40 entrants.

Paid and confirmed:

1 mr moo

2 VZSS

3 Sl!m

4 BOZ22N

5 Primordial

6 NISMO

7 e_dog

8 JETR32 now Sam916

9 mesmerized

10 Bonkers

11 Frink

12 N1GTR

13 Cassbo

14 DJ Brave

15 GimpyDammit

16 sewid now wraith

17 jeffboyracer

18 motoractionservices

19 ZCR

20 Knockout Ned

21 msnismo

22 T04GTR

23 evil_weevil

24 Craved

25 **RB2530**

26 DriftGTS

27 Breakmaster

28 CeJay

29 CussCuss

30 damuscat

31 BBL

32 sugus

33 Sinful

34 Apollo S15

35 jazzy_j

36 jeffworld2

37 Sheng

38 v_s_p_e_c

39 Boj_FxCxRxS

40 Bullet32

WE ARE NOW FULL!

To be on the reserve list please pm me.

Gates open officially at 8am although they usually appear to be open by about 7:30.

Sign on from 8am.

Scruitineering at the scruitineering shed from 8am until 8:40.

Drivers briefing and full track walk around at 8:40am - ALL DRIVERS MUST ATTEND.

First session which will be noobs 9am.

Remember there are a lot of people to get signed on so can I suggest that noobs get there as early as possible, sign on before doing anything else then get your car ready and scruitineered. Scruitineering will stop at 8:40 for the drivers briefing and start again for the stragglers at 9.

The scruitineering will be done at the shed behind the garages. Two lines, noobs to the left, the rest to the right. Bring your helmet and what you will be wearing on the track as all this needs to pass scruitineering too.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In... Paid... Emailed...

Will there be timing this year Adam?

No official timing - Can't do the passenger laps with timing which would defeat the purpose of the "driver training" day. There are always people on the wall with phones/stop watches etc.. so shouldnt be to hard to organise some thing un-official for ppl :thumbsup: (I am pretty sure this was the reason - some one please correct me if I am wrong)

No official timing - Can't do the passenger laps with timing which would defeat the purpose of the "driver training" day. There are always people on the wall with phones/stop watches etc.. so shouldnt be to hard to organise some thing un-official for ppl :thumbsup: (I am pretty sure this was the reason - some one please correct me if I am wrong)

Yeah thats the reason from what I know too.. But sometimes they have passenger sessions, and then timed sessions alternating.. I think it might have been the autosports day which they did that...

Either way, its about having fun rather than just beating liz's lap time!

Woo hoo,

Definately in, definately paid, definately e-mailed

not that i'm excited though :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if Wakie have relaxed the no standing on the pit wall rule? I was down there with autosports a little while back and they were quite strict on this.

Cheers

Bobby

Yeah thats the reason from what I know too.. But sometimes they have passenger sessions, and then timed sessions alternating.. I think it might have been the autosports day which they did that...

Either way, its about having fun rather than just beating liz's lap time!

Yep your correct!

No Official lap timing on the day..

You will have to ask a spectator/friends to help you guys out with times which wont be a problem

Dave & I are in, just transferred the monies.

Not sure if we will be doubling up my car or bringing two cars yet..... Is it a problem If we don't know till the week before re the cars?

Edit: Il send the email tonight, not sure if payment went through as my internet banking crapped out :D annnnnnnnnd I don't know Dave's lap time, all I know is it's prolly quick lol

Dave & I are in, just transferred the monies.

Not sure if we will be doubling up my car or bringing two cars yet..... Is it a problem If we don't know till the week before re the cars?

Edit: Il send the email tonight, not sure if payment went through as my internet banking crapped out :D annnnnnnnnd I don't know Dave's lap time, all I know is it's prolly quick lol

was 1:08's last time I am pretty sure and that was hand timed so more then likely a bit quicker..

was 1:08's last time I am pretty sure and that was hand timed so more then likely a bit quicker..

ah ok... shweeet. I knew it was sub 1.10's. Thanks Jess :D

Bet he can't do that in my rwd boat..... lol!

ah ok... shweeet. I knew it was sub 1.10's. Thanks Jess :(

Bet he can't do that in my rwd boat..... lol!

I dont know, Dave definately knows how to steer a car :D

would be cool to see!!

I dont know, Dave definately knows how to steer a car :D

would be cool to see!!

hahaha yeah would be.... I'm sure we will get a chance to find out... logistically its going to be easier to take one car and his gearbox is teh suck..... been practising but....... yeah I still suck....lol

in paid email sent

hopefully nothing goes wrong this time touches wood

Congrats on your purchase mitch :(

Will be good to see that GTR on the track! Hope it goes well for you :D