• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I said..

Just a few assumptions.

you spent about $3K on getting an RB20 in to your VL.

you then spent about $2K in getting exhaust, filter, FMIC, boost etc.

and if I remember, you've run a string of mid 14's.

correct?

You said.

my car was non turbo before and i blew my rb30de up n i brought a calais with a rb20 for dirt cheap so thats how it ended up in there

i think uve mixed me up with some1 else gtst lol

I believe I didn't mix you up with anyone else..

I did however give you a 1 second better time on your 1/4

Your thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...ms-t199566.html

Your post in that thread.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=3557915

Guest trikdoutvl

STOLEN S15 LOL hell no im not selling my vl.... i love my car and its a 1 of a kind.. id like a skyline as a second daily driver car but caint afford it :)

GTST

LOL uve completely lost me with ur copy n pasting of old threads n wat not LOL...... wat are ya trying to say man lol.. ill get my part clear LOL

heres the story of why i brought a rb20

MY rb30 na motor had a bottom end knock was stuffed

brought a vl calias wit the 20 in it with a blown diff for dirt cheap

put the 20 in my white vl i got now already had cooler and exhaust

put the f*kd 30 (still ran) in the calais and sold the calais for a decent amount

so i pretty much got a rb20 motor nearly for free only cost me to get it installed

there was no way i could have gone 25 for anywhere near wat it cost to go 20 cause i would have had to buy a half cut n made no money back on it....

i havent even spent 5 cents makeing the motor go faster except for getting a hi flow cat cause mine was blocked

Guest trikdoutvl

chris r31

HAHAHAHAHAHA f*k yeh that vl is off its chopssssssssssssssssssssss lol rb20 power

Guest trikdoutvl

the engines the tip of the ice burg tho in cuztomness

so 1 of a kind stands :)

Edited by trikdoutvl

Rb20's are strong as f**k on standard internals, CHEAP and reliable. You do need to rev them a bit to make power but its not too bad. I still love mine.. Roys car is a good example, good power on a big turbo and not too much lag.

Of course the Rb25 is naturally a better motor (how couldn't be with an extra 500cc?) But they are still fairly expensive($2000+), not to mention if you put one in a R32 you will need to upgrade to a rb25 box (another $1500) as it will destroy the RB20 box with ease. Theres also the hassles with the driveshaft, speedo sensor and sorting out the wiring and gearbox mount.

My opinion - If I had the cash I'd love a RB25.. but I'd rather spend it elsewhere on the car, so I'm happy with my little RB20 which sees limiter daily and doesn't complain! - Don't forget it sounds f**king awesome doing it :)

Lol you only say that because you have such a N/A sohc anchor in your boat of a VL.

RB30E over RB20DET? If i blew up my rb20, i wouldn't put a NA rb30 in even if someone paid me.

Guest trikdoutvl

IVE BROKEN 3 RB30DE'S

2 IN VLS

1 IN R31 SKYLINE

ALSO I USED TO OWN A VLT WITH A RB30ET JUST WITH A HI FLOW MADE 270HP WAS COOL BUT MEH ITS STILL A RB30 WENT HARD BUT IN THE SOUND DEPARTMENT THE 20 SOUNDS MUCH NICERS TO ME 25 SOUNDED SIK AS WELL DOESNTT REALLY SOUND THE SAME AS THE 20 THO.,,,, CAN MOST OF USES PIK THE DIFFERENCE IN SOUND BETWEEN THE 20 N 25???

GTST

LOL uve completely lost me with ur copy n pasting of old threads n wat not LOL...... wat are ya trying to say man lol.. ill get my part clear LOL

heres the story of why i brought a rb20

MY rb30 na motor had a bottom end knock was stuffed

brought a vl calias wit the 20 in it with a blown diff for dirt cheap

put the 20 in my white vl i got now already had cooler and exhaust

put the f*kd 30 (still ran) in the calais and sold the calais for a decent amount

so i pretty much got a rb20 motor nearly for free only cost me to get it installed

there was no way i could have gone 25 for anywhere near wat it cost to go 20 cause i would have had to buy a half cut n made no money back on it....

i havent even spent 5 cents makeing the motor go faster except for getting a hi flow cat cause mine was blocked

what's to be lost about.

your old thread says that you spent $5K and are now running 15.7 on the quarter at best.

it also keeps asking if we think the video sounds good.

you hadn't mentioned that you sold all the other bits off and made your money back.

what I was saying was that the $5K you initially spent to buy the other VL, transfer the 2 motors over etc etc only to run a 15.7, you could have gone MUCH MUCH faster for that $5K by rebuilding an RB30e and adding a turbo or doing a budget RB30/25.

Guest trikdoutvl

then i would have had nothing to sell to get my money back,,,,,, goin the 20 was the cheapest way of going turbo,,, aint a millionare n i dont have the time to f*k around building a half breed motor.... car was only off the road for a few days to 20 it........ dissicusion pretty much passed cause the 25 vl is sold anyways

i just watched a vl rb20 run a 12.5 1/4.... im in love lol

is this thread a joke....... why put a 20 in a vl......i love all rb's but dude a 2 litre in a heavy commonwhore is madness.

james????

dude, are you awake, those 1987 holden commodores are lighter than a r32 nissan skyline,

my question is why go 25 when for 5 g you could go rb26dett?

Edited by nizmonut

ENOUGH SAID!!!!11!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!

YOMFGWTFBBQ

street skids are sick!!!!111!!11ty

I Idol this guy so much.....wait..no :D

My question...Why buy a VL in the 1st place...worst Holden ever built (diesel Gemini Included)