SAU Community

what to lookout for in service

guys guys...heh

im servicing my 94 33 GTS non turbo that has 92K's.

its a 5K service.

it has a blitz air pod and a cat back exhaust system...

high flow cat etc...driven hard once in awhile...

besides a irritating KNOCKING sound in the door that i cannot find even after i take apart the door panel. it mysteriously dissapears after i take out the door panel.

and its NOT from the door panel either...ergh and the suspensions are knocking when i go up uneven rds...esp up driveways and curved bumps...so i gotta get that checked on the hoist...

nething to be aware of tho in a rb25de and 94 33 in general??

thanks lot guys...

ps: when i rev it up...and take off....whaddya mean by revving till the limiter?

which means it cuts yr rev before u overdo it and blow up the engine? if so at what is the limit and is it bad to go there?

the limit is redline (7000) although mine goes to 7500, ermm just general service check all the fluids, check ur pads and discs, knocking sound in the door must be annoying as for suspension is it stock ? should check that out dude. change filters also!

streamer...

mines now at 89k.. last week i had to change 2 coil packs and the spark plugs, as well as all (3) fan belts... this weekend i'm doing the oil filter... anything else you suggest as we're at about the same km's..? what oil filter and oil you suggest?

on my lunch break just before i popped the hood and opened up my air filter cos the mechanic i went to last week told me that i've got "oil rings" at the pit of my filxer BOX... whats the deal with that?

i'm going to put in a POD filter in afew weeks when i finally get a free whole weekend. anyone got any pics of how they did they pods? i'm looking in the direction of nismoman8 i think... as i'd want to do something like he did.

CC: The best place i know...is Evolution R...its in Bentley.

dont know the name of e road...but comin up albany hwy frm city towards albany...

after diesel motors/mercedesbenz, look out for the liquor stores on e left...then there should be a set of lights where u see right after the lights on yr left is the Bentley Center.

so at that lights, the one before Bentley Centre, turn left and go in.

go in and the Bentley Center will be on yr right and just go. the first right junction **AFTER** bentley centre...turn right. dont turn into bentley center like most fewls ive given directions to...heh.

and go straight in...its at the end on the right side of the cul-de-sac.

Mao's the kingpin of dis place and he does good work...fast too!

other places wanted 3-4 workin days to rebuild and install my new clutch coz e old one was slippin...the new ones an exedy brass button clutch and Mao did it in a day...good work done too..=)

Klokan: just change it to e pod filter...remove the airbox...but keep the little funneling thing to channel the cold air to the filter frm the grill of e car...thats what mines like...oil... i like mobil1 but Mao at Evo R uses Shell and dats pretty aiite too....

Evo R did the beauuutiful yellow skyline frm perth in HPI that was frm 3 - 4 mnths back...check yur bushes and shocks as mine went in this mornin...and gonna pick it up in abit...mao works late..=)

and the shocks are messed up cause when i did the lowering, i did it somewhere else and the other guy totally messed it up...

ergh...

gotta stop goin to different places....

ill put in some pics of ROUGHLY how to put in pods tomorrow here...

later guys