SAU Community

Gtr Rebuild

Thats not bad at all and not much different to what i have at the mo, I might have to look into it a bit more.

I love hard strong boost, I remember when i took one of my mate for a spin after i got my car tuned and it almost made him sick it was awesome, haha.

And yes gotta love that gating sound, MINT!

What sort of manifold do you reckon?? Only because i have been told so many different stories about them?

www.ripsltd.co.nz

Rob ward

Rotorua Import Pro Shop

if you want serious power you should get in contact with these guys,

the last car they just completed was 800 horse at all four wheels for a U.K. customer

pulled a 9.8 on its first run and base tune from memory was on performance car tv here a few weeks ago.

they specialize in big powered road legal and outright race rb engines and do alot of custom work aswell.

post-50030-1211797890_thumb.jpg

it's on his web site but for around 20 grand au you can have a rb30dett 4wd drop straight in garrunteed to make 750 at the wheels(4wd) minimum.

and can ship pretty much anywhere.

spend some on a good ecu and a tune and you ll have yourself potentionally the quickest street legal car in aussie.

Edited by nizmonut

thats a very nice looking motor, but the budget would head towards 40k++ I suggest to get it into a chassis that will be able to be driven reliably.....

So ture guys, i know the costs involved with building engines as I have been there along the way with a few of my mates and want to throw at least 4k into the driveline as unique1 I dont want to be smashing gear boxes or babying the thing I wanna go hard and fast.

unique1 have you run your car yet?? It would be sweet to run a 10 once I get the engine built.

So ture guys, i know the costs involved with building engines as I have been there along the way with a few of my mates and want to throw at least 4k into the driveline as unique1 I dont want to be smashing gear boxes or babying the thing I wanna go hard and fast.

unique1 have you run your car yet?? It would be sweet to run a 10 once I get the engine built.

Unfortunately $4k doesn't get much for a gtr drivetrain, triple plate clutch is $2-3k, then a gearset fitted is about $7k.

I already have the clutch for the moment see how long it last (OS giken twin plate) and I can get the gear set to my door for about $2800 and then my engine builder will get that fitted for me.

Edited by jippa3000

my engine is in a stagea weighing 1740kg + driver i ran 11.33 @ 125mph on my first drag meeting, havent had a chance since to take it back, the engine is on pump fuel and only running 18psi. I think i could go 11.1 on 18psi with this weight with some practice, in a 32 gtr (about 1500kg) im sure 10s would be a simple task, its only on 560rwhp (so the dyno says anyway). The t04z will max out around 650rwhp so i got plenty in it too.

The good old stagea hey bet that would surprise the shit out of some people haha.

I have been looking into these t04z's you can get the whole HKS kit off your favorite site (rhdjapan MINT) for about $7K. Is yours a HKS or the garrett version? Just wondering if there is much difference?

Edited by jippa3000

Ok, thanks for all the feed back.

I have spoken to a few people and here is the list so far, let me know if I am missing anything or if you know of cheaper prices.

N1 Block – $2010 (RHD)

Tomei stroker kit – $6000 (Slide)

JUN oil pump – $1000 (RHD) $1129 (Slide)

Oil sump baffle – $289 (Slide)

N1 water pump – $400

Cams – $800 (Slide)

Valve springs – $500

Valve guides – $500

Garrett T04Z – $2400

External gate – $600

Manifold – $600

Injectors – $800

Fuel pump – $500

Fuel rail – $239

Bolt kit – $400

HKS Timing belt – $190

Nismo engine and gearbox mounts – $309

Metal head gasket – $350

Other – $1000

Gear set – $2900

Main shaft –

Cheers

Edited by jippa3000

Just a parts list at the moment I have the machining and everything sorted.

Got the clutch for the mo and the fuel reg.

I was looking on RIPS and they have some pretty good deals, I mean if I just buy one of those engines for 20K then sell mine I will be miles ahead. Just abit for the future (10 years or so) if I get rid of the engine tho cos the car wont be worth as much without all matching numbers.

Anyone else know much about this mob??

afm upgrade or change ecu

intercooler

sump extension (i wouldnt just use the baffle you needs a bigger capacity sump)

ati or ross balancer

braided fuel lines, turbo oil and water lines

catch can

ignition upgrade

valve stem seals

crank front rear oil seals

cam seals

thats all i can think of off the top of my head

going to need more like 2 fuel pumps, custom cradle in tank or surge tank setup = roughly 1k if you do it yourself or 2k plus at a shop

front end fuel lines will be roughly 500 plus fuel reg, alot of your prices obv dont include delivery etc etc

• 4 months later...