SAU Community

Cops Presence And Defects/fines On Victorian Roads.

Spunky Munky

Hi all,

Is it just me what's lucky or has there actually been a decline on defect notices and fines given out by cops. I've driven up to the Springvale region in the last few months and it would appear that the cops are treating us better... and for this I am very grateful. I always obey the laws, drive carefully and don't hoon etc, but I used to get pulled over all the time, but now it's much better - is this because there are less fatalities on the road and they're finally given us a break? What are your experience?

Thanks,

I can only speak from my experience and say that my work load in last couple of years has incresed by at least 200% which doesn't leave much time for general duties members to be pulling over lots of cars unless they have committed offence.

In general TMU only pull over vehicles they are intending on fining and from doing a couple of shift with them and issueing 30 fines in 6 hours doesn't leave much time either to pull car over for no reason.

I have also notice many more standard skylines on road and very few with the FMIC, POD, BOV which a couple of years ago alomost every import I pulled over had these mods obviously leaving themselves open to EPA/NOU.

The other thing is to with "Hoon" legistlation when we impound a vehicle that will tie us up for up to 1-2 hours with the paperwork required waiting for tows etc

Everything we do now ties us up much longer which will mean less checks but also means a lot less pro active policing also with crooks getting checked less, high crime area not getting patrolls as frequently etc No surprise that crime is on increase.

Hi all,

Is it just me what's lucky or has there actually been a decline on defect notices and fines given out by cops. I've driven up to the Springvale region in the last few months and it would appear that the cops are treating us better... and for this I am very grateful. I always obey the laws, drive carefully and don't hoon etc, but I used to get pulled over all the time, but now it's much better - is this because there are less fatalities on the road and they're finally given us a break? What are your experience?

Thanks,

Maybe its more of a case your behaving and not making a flashing beacon of yourself prehaps?

Considering (if memory serves me correct) you've not obeyed the laws in the past... (dont know why your saying you do now)

The other thing is to with "Hoon" legistlation when we impound a vehicle that will tie us up for up to 1-2 hours with the paperwork required waiting for tows etc

Everything we do now ties us up much longer which will mean less checks but also means a lot less pro active policing also with crooks getting checked less, high crime area not getting patrolls as frequently etc No surprise that crime is on increase.

i really dont understand.......

i argee that reckless drivers should be delt with ('' hoon legistlation''), but without compromising the safty of the public, by less checks on crooks.... so on an so on

crooks or hoons?

Cruising around in my company car on friday night and let me tell you, i even see guys that dragged, busted and thrown into the back of the Van.

I see a bunch Evo's dragged right in front of the cops (cop was on the otherside of the road) and offcourse the result wasn't very pleasant.

Every friday nights i kept seeing people (Hoons) get pulled over and YET it kept on happening. These people just don't value their license for some reasons.

Not getting pull over or get pull over LESS, its a case of your record/history that shown on their computer screen when they punch your number plate in to check as well.

Not getting pull over or get pull over LESS, its a case of your record/history that shown on their computer screen when they punch your number plate in to check as well.

YEP, i will agree to that, i have been pulled over numerous times with cops that delt with me in the past (3years ago), an if i wasnt doing anything wrong which most cases i wasnt, thye just pull me over to check up on my, lol an then they willl talk bout my 32 and tell me its a piece of rice lol..

Maybe its more of a case your behaving and not making a flashing beacon of yourself prehaps?

Considering (if memory serves me correct) you've not obeyed the laws in the past... (dont know why your saying you do now)

Not really, 2 years ago or so cops used to pull me over without thinking. I've driven some cars that looks modded, but my first learner car, an r33 n/a bog stock used to get pulled over often.

It is much better nowadays, for whatever reason. The other day I cop gave me way as I came out of a servo, 2 years ago= pulled over.

He let me drive in peace.

when i first got my license id get random pull up/checks atleast once a week and most of the time twice a week. im driving just as much now and the same style of driving and i havent been pulled up in ages... i still see cops around and think ... "here we go" but i never see the blue and red lights turn on. i thought i was going crazy but some of my friends are noticing it aswell.

Hi all,

Thanks,

BS!! Less fatalities? people die on the road every week...just like the lygon st crash last week...its not that theres been a decline...you've just been luckier thats all...and just because they haven't been hassling you around springy doesn't mean they aren't around...if they aren't in springy means theres more of them everywhere else...

I was pulled over 3 times since friday.

Not fined, defected or anything... just "random" checks. One was at DA in Adelaide, the other 2 were going to and from there. Both time's in the North Western Suburbs.

It's not like i drive a "look at me" car. S12's are not exactly what you'd call traditional hoon vehicles.

I'd say your lucky.

I haven't been given much grief by police in the last year. More often than not these days I see a lot of commodore drivers or lancer drivers on their P's being pulled over.

I think P plates are like a big sign to police saying "check me".

I dont think its changed..i was never hassled with my last 'modified' ride and with an s15 i still havent been hasseled yet..maybe its just where i drive..(melton through taylors lakes up to coburb/preston/doncaster area and also through western hwy up ringroad to the city and surrounding..)

and I never have been pulled over by police where they just wanted to 'check' my car out.

that said my car doesnt really stand out so good for me...glad im not a P plater too..stockish ftw!

I live in the Melbourne's western suburbs, Hoppers crossing to be exact. I have also noticed that there has been e decline "jap cars being targeted" in my area. Going back 4 or so months, We were believed that there was some sort of police blitz on the local roads. Where anything with after market wheels or exhaust was pulled over for a full check up. Imports were being towed away left right and center. Since then the streets have quieten down, the police are still out on force but now for some reason I feel a little bit eased that they are more "easy going" towards us import drivers after the blitz.

I recently had a chat with one of your local TMU officers, SGT Gibson, and his advice to me was "if ur going to continue driving a modified motor vehicle that will not pass RWC/EPA regulations, alway obey the road rules and do no attract any unwanted attention to your self.

after Not having a license since i was 18 to just getting them back recently (now i'm 21), i now understand that holing a drivers license is a privilege, not a right.

So going back to the main topic that Spunky Munky has posted, I do believe that has been a decline on our roads in regards to cars getting pulled over/defected. In order to keep it like this i guess we should all try to obey the road rules and keep out heavy foot for the track.

Winton FTW!!! lol =]

hmm i been lucky, only been pulled over twice in a year (and drive daily)...

once was a 'random' pull over (probly because i chucked a u-turn infront of him / undercover bad timing, was legal though)

and another on keilor rd, a main strip near my joint, this cop was out to punish p platers that night.. got screwed

but HEY overall good... i thought id get heaps more trouble. but i think it depends how u drive too - mind you mine doesnt look like a pig

touch wood hope the goodness continues

P.S: doesnt have badges on either! smmmaaarrrrttttt

Edited by depalma-bcnr33

Hey mate,yeah might be the case... yeah, I used to d a few silly things but I'm much better now and have learnt my lesson so yeah... could be the reason... and I'm saying I obey the laws now as I do - can't make it simpler than that, Ash. :)

Edited by Spunky Munky

hmmmmmmmmm...... whats happening.....? lol

So my hunch was right... the cops are giving us more space and undestanding... that's a great achievement... let's not let them down... I'd hate to be pulled over and fined for everything under the sun again... used to feel paranoid driving around at night... it's much better and for that I am very grateful...

If any cops read this thread... thanks fellas!! :)

I live in the Melbourne's western suburbs, Hoppers crossing to be exact. I have also noticed that there has been e decline "jap cars being targeted" in my area. Going back 4 or so months, We were believed that there was some sort of police blitz on the local roads. Where anything with after market wheels or exhaust was pulled over for a full check up. Imports were being towed away left right and center. Since then the streets have quieten down, the police are still out on force but now for some reason I feel a little bit eased that they are more "easy going" towards us import drivers after the blitz.

I recently had a chat with one of your local TMU officers, SGT Gibson, and his advice to me was "if ur going to continue driving a modified motor vehicle that will not pass RWC/EPA regulations, alway obey the road rules and do no attract any unwanted attention to your self.

after Not having a license since i was 18 to just getting them back recently (now i'm 21), i now understand that holing a drivers license is a privilege, not a right.

So going back to the main topic that Spunky Munky has posted, I do believe that has been a decline on our roads in regards to cars getting pulled over/defected. In order to keep it like this i guess we should all try to obey the road rules and keep out heavy foot for the track.

Winton FTW!!! lol =]

Very thoughtful reply, champ! Couldn't have said it better. I only recently got my license back a couple of months ago (had lost it for like 16 months) - it was months of agony, my license to me is worth more than old or silver.

So I guess you're right, obey the laws and do the right thing.

For example, you're at the lights and someone taunts you - so what, just drive slow and on the speed limit... who gives a rat's anus what he thinks... :)