SAU Community

Need A Replacement Rb25

Spook's_Skyline

anyone got any leads on a replacement rb25 for my car?

she seems to have blown a head gasket this morning and filled a cylinder with water, rendering the engine pretty much dead :P (it did serve me well)

i guess ill check all the usual wreckers, but last time i looked there werent many around;

all good, my mechanic found an engine:

tah;

Dave, I'm wondering why you are going a new engine? Did it bend a rod?

not sure:

i think it just boils down to cost:

its pretty expensive getting any head work done and when its all repaired im left with a 165000k engine thats been patched up:

Well it depends whether it has warped the head or not. I've had a lot of cars I just pull the head, do a little checking for flatness or maybe a little skim at the reco shop and new head gasket and it is on. Would be lucky to make $500 of work and parts.

New engine $1500

pull and refit engine, up to $1K at some places.

Sounds very dodgy to me but I don't know the extent of the damage exactly. After more than 20 years working in or managing the industry I've seen a lot of dodgy bills produced.

neil barker at custom brakes

he was doing a bit of compliancing and he's mainly a v8 guy, but he's always taken awesome care of my car and young decimate's 180 also:

hes at moorooka

if you do go see him, just mention i told you to come in nigsy

neil barker at custom brakes

he was doing a bit of compliancing and he's mainly a v8 guy, but he's always taken awesome care of my car and young decimate's 180 also:

hes at moorooka

if you do go see him, just mention i told you to come in nigsy

Neil made up the oil-line for my HKS turbo when I was in a big bind :thumbsup: I know him through a friend, has always been very helpful and seems to be a top bloke...would feel happy letting him do work on my car, and that's a big call!

That's a good relationship to have, but it never hurts to ask why.

I've known plenty of guys who have gone to the favourite/trusted workshop and have left forever several thousand dollars poorer that they finally realised they didn't need to be.

So good luck anyway and I hope they look after you properly.