SAU Community

V35 Coupe Seat Question

Hi,

I have a 2004 350GT coupe. Amazing handling car.

I remembered reading about the fuel flap release on this site, prior to purchasing, but got caught out with the "Won't start unless your foot is on the clutch trick" For some reason Jumper leads didn't help...

Have had the power window problem also.

Anyway, one quirk I was looking for some help with is the Seats. Whenever I open a seat to put the kids in the back, it doesn't go back to the same position. The seatback is more upright than before accessing the rear (same whether accessing from the rear or the side lever). Not a major thing, but annoying, so is this the same on all coupes???

Is there any fix?

Hi,

I have a 2004 350GT coupe. Amazing handling car.

I remembered reading about the fuel flap release on this site, prior to purchasing, but got caught out with the "Won't start unless your foot is on the clutch trick" For some reason Jumper leads didn't help...

Have had the power window problem also.

Anyway, one quirk I was looking for some help with is the Seats. Whenever I open a seat to put the kids in the back, it doesn't go back to the same position. The seatback is more upright than before accessing the rear (same whether accessing from the rear or the side lever). Not a major thing, but annoying, so is this the same on all coupes???

Is there any fix?

the seats have no memory, so i think it goes back to a default position... cant be fixed...

the seats have no memory, so i think it goes back to a default position... cant be fixed...

I thought those clever Japanese would have thought of that, they think of most other things. Maybe on the V36?

No worries, thanks for reply.

I thought those clever Japanese would have thought of that, they think of most other things. Maybe on the V36?

No worries, thanks for reply.

Yeah i think seat memory was introduced in later models, so it should be implemented in the V36. after all this is a entry model luxury cruiser... :P

clarify your question a bit. they do go back tot he position you left them however the seat back does not. if you have a lean on it then it will go to the first notch when clicked back. irony being that the USDM car had full memory seats.