SAU Community

Cost to run your skyline each week

when i 1st got mine i took it out often, and gave it few hits i was lookin at roughly 70 bucks a week, now it hasnt been on the road for a while so i cant really say how much lately, i find that quite good considering my mate with a vl turbo goes thru 180 a week and thats his daily driver...crazy...

cheers...ben.

Running costs depend on how much you drive.

You can't ask someone how much they spend on their car each week.

It doesnt work like that.

You have the cost of petrol.

The cost of registration.

The cost of anything that needs fixing, replacing, repairing etc.

All the things that you need at regular intervals, spark plugs, oil, filters (air, oil, petrol) leads, brake pads, wiper blades, then there are the other things that need replacing, like tyres (expensive things!) and the list goes on.

Once you get a car, don't expect to ever have any money ever again.

:)

And all those things I listed above, those are expenses that have to come before luxuries, like, lowered springs, window tinting, aftermarket wheels, fluffy dice, neons and all that other crap that people seem to emjoy so much.

:P

Don't get a car for as long as you can - they are a constant money pit!!!

I put $100 a week into repayments so it gets paid off super quick, $50 a week into an account for insurance, about $50 a fortnight in fuel, plus rego, servicing, and all the other stuff that R31 Skyline Chick mentioned!!!

It depends also how old you are as to what your insurance will cost, if you are planning on getting a loan etc etc. There are lots of factors to consider! :P

Im spending about $50 - $65 a week on fuel. Factored into that is daily driving (lots of on boost driving up hills). Then there are insurance, rego, modifications, servicing costs on top of that. Dont want to think about how much they cost.

Im thinking of importing a 89 R32 GTS as a daily driver/paddock basher next year to try get the fuel bill down while still keeping with the Skyline Junkie theme :P

I pay $15 a week in fuel, might go through a whole tank in about 3-4 weeks.

Its called, catching the bus.

I can clean the car on the weekend and still have it spotless come friday. Its great. Of course your depriving yourself the pleasure of a drive each day, but who can open it up in peak hour anyway? May as well catch the bus.

My insurance is $15 a week too, and thats to have it sat in a garage for most of the week :(

Red17

about $40 - 50 on fuel (get it on factory account so for time being its free, dont say im spoilt, coz when i inherit [or kill off my father muahahaha..yeah] the factory i will have to pay petrol for all our vans and trucks)

insurance = 660 i think

tyres. dunno, dont do much burnouts etc.

dunno what else

If I was to drive all over Sydney like my last job, I wouldn't bother with a Skyline. They drink too much, they break too much shit and you can't park it anywhere.

I use mine to drive to work and in that case, I go thru maybe 20 litres of fuel. The car is IMO worth very little (32/33 GTSt's ARE inexpensive rides to BUY)... I didn't pay that much but the NEED to modify and build the car better than it was is what costs.

T.