SAU Community

Bouncer Vs Patron

eMsta

SO by now everyone would have heard of or seen the pic on todays herald sun of a bouncer doing a harry-kewell-like-kick on a patrol outside Bar 20. If you havent then here it is:

post-26053-1212397206_thumb.jpg

So who here thinks that what the bouncer did was right?

Me personally - I reckon the use of force was excessive...just a tad...but from other reports, the drunken idiots verbally abused and spat at the bouncer and then went to assault an innocent bystander. I reckon, it was good that they went to the aid of the bystander. And really, if people are going to get that drunk, and act all macho, they should be ready to face up the consequences.

It comes down to what you would do if you were a bouncer. If you were spat on and then saw these guys assaulting a fellow citizen or if you saw them assaulting someone you knew - and there are no cops around?

(apologies if there was already a thread on this - did a search and couldnt find any)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think the guy deserves it IMO

he would be one of those guys that is just a complete smartarse when hes drunk and be a dick to everyone

when your at clubs you can see hoe smart some people can get to bounces, this shows that he aint taking shit :teehee:

it is a job and they are "supposed" to be professional. getting a bouncing license doesnt give you the right to let loose on people but at the same time patrons "chop asses" shouldn't instigate things and not expect a beat down.

spitting at someone is very disrespectfull in my books. the guy got what he deserved, unfortunately the bouncer wasn't smart enough to get him into the camera's blind spot.

judging by the clamping pressure on the bouncers lip....id say thats about 500nm worth of force right there placed directly in that guys arse crack

No that made me laugh as I was sipping my latte' :P

Without seeing what happend first hand I doubt anyone can say if the bloke deserved it or not.

I'm sure we have all seen bouncers be heavy handed before, and also patrons who need some facial panel beating. But whatever it was, iit just provided more ammo for the supporters of the 2am lockout. Not that this sort if incident could not happen at 1am, but hey the Victorian govt's motto seems t be "Band-Aid solutions FORTHEMOTHERf**kINWIN!"

rolf, man when i saw the hearald today i pissed myslef laughing..

then 10mins later got a fone call off a mate who was at bar20 with me that night..

that bouncer is a top guy, lets us in for free with drink cards, and talks nicely to drunk sleezy flamin mongrels who get out of control, so i can confidently say, with out knowing what happend is the security gaurd was in the right...

but anyway, being on the front dor is a dangerous job, what would most people do when confronted by 6 drunk maori's that are uncontrolable, lol they would run...

that would have to be the best front page i have seen on the hearald all year...

MMmm.. it is hard to decide.. you just don't know with the media these days, they always exagerrate and take sides to get more reads/views.... but we all know that...

I am almost 20 years old, so I have been to a few bars/pubs/clubs... probably no where near as much as other people on here, obveously because your older and have been around longer. but I can say that I have never ever had a bouncer give me a hard time, or try to rough me up... I believe that these guys are generally good citizens that have to try to be cool in situations that some of us would explode.. but obveously we are all human.

also.. I love the car references we subtly throw in... "patrons who need some facial panel beating", " 500nm worth of force right there placed directly in that guys arse crack" :thumbsup:

Without knowing the full details straight away it can be determined that excessive force was used. Laying the boot into someone on the ground is excessive and not proportionate to the legal objective.

My opinion:

Legally: The Crowd Controller is in the wrong.

Morally: The patron probably deserved a w00p ass!

Any CC on this forum can confirm that the number of f**ktards they encounter in a single night is extreemly high. Whilst everyone else attending these venues may only see the odd scuffle or two they have no idea of the magnitude of work they must endure throughout the night regarding intoxicated persons, violence, abuse, disrespect, foul language, etc...

Its a tough call...Having done bouncer work a few years ago it really can be a great job at the best of times and a shithole at the worst of times...Sometimes you will encounter people who will not stop until they are belted senseless..it is just something they want deep down inside. The cameras can sometimes be your best friend or your worst enemy..knowing how to make yourself look professional at the same time is the biggest challenge

A weak cunt who has to resort to A) kicking someone during a fight, and B) doing it when the are laying on the ground, is NEVER in the right.

bit hard to control anger when someone has been verbally abusing you and spitting at you, and then picking on innocent citizens......

A weak flamin mongrel who has to resort to A) kicking someone during a fight, and B) doing it when the are laying on the ground, is NEVER in the right.

i agree. the bouncer looks alot bigger than the drunk dude. surely he could of subdued/restrained him until cops arrived

i agree. the bouncer looks alot bigger than the drunk dude. surely he could of subdued/restrained him until cops arrived

ROFL....if only it were that easy.

A doorman may easily encounter 20odd people giving him shit in one night depending on venue.

Soooo, restraining 20 people in one night at one venue and times that by the number of venues throughout Melbourne and take into account how many Police are available at that time coupled with the fact that there are limited holding cells......????

As i said above; alot of people dont have a clue as to the amount of pressure they (Security/Police) are up against...

bit hard to control anger when someone has been verbally abusing you and spitting at you

Bouncers are obviously repeatedly gonna cop shit from drunken clowns, if he can't cop it on the chin, learn to ignore the taunts, and not resort to violence, he shouldn't be a 'crowd controller'.

and then picking on innocent citizens......

Then it should be between the victim and the mouthy prick, not the bouncer.

bit hard to control anger when someone has been verbally abusing you and spitting at you, and then picking on innocent citizens......

bouncers get paid good dollars to control themselves, [anger is not part of the job description]. they do not get paid to physically 'punish' people who step out of line. many bouncers step over the line and dish out savage, unwarrented floggings. I have a mate who had an eye knocked out by an over-enthusiastic bouncer...luckily, it was a false eye, so he just put it back in the socket [after washing it with beer]!!!. shocking waste of beer!!.

bouncers get paid good dollars to control themselves, [anger is not part of the job description]. they do not get paid to physically 'punish' people who step out of line. many bouncers step over the line and dish out savage, unwarrented floggings. I have a mate who had an eye knocked out by an over-enthusiastic bouncer...luckily, it was a false eye, so he just put it back in the socket [after washing it with beer]!!!. shocking waste of beer!!.

your mate is awesome