SAU Community

Noltec Suspension Bushes

Hey

I have a worn out control arm bush in my 350z and i have found that noltec make a bush for that part.

I am worried that the bush will add to much NVH as opposed to nismo bushes.

How are the Noltech bushes quality wise?

the nismo bushes will be a bit firmer but they are still rubber.

noltec/whiteline are on the same par, very good but all depends on what YOU want from the car, yes it will increase NVB but the positive is more controlled ride etc.............

Hey

I have a worn out control arm bush in my 350z and i have found that noltec make a bush for that part.

I am worried that the bush will add to much NVH as opposed to nismo bushes.

How are the Noltech bushes quality wise?

Which bush is it? Obviously some positions have more potential for generating NVH than others.

Cheers

Gary

Hey Gary.

I'm looking at replacing all my bushes in my 350Z. Do you have any suggestions on what I can replace with polyurethane without affecting NVH too much, and which ones I'd be better off sticking to rubber with?

Edited by scathing

Hey Gary.

I'm looking at replacing all my bushes in my 350Z. Do you have any suggestions on what I can replace with polyurethane without affecting NVH too much, and which ones I'd be better off sticking to rubber with?

The rule is simple, the further away from direct contact with the main chassis the lessor effect on NVH.

So the outer (close to wheel) pivoting joints are always OK, they are insulated by other bushes in the control arms and the subframes, so you are pretty much guaranteed to be safe with;

Rear

Control arm outer lowers

Upper trailing arm rear

Lower trailing arm rear

Next safest for NVH is the inners, as the subframe insulates them, these should be OK;

Front

Upper Control arm inners

Lower control arm inners

Rear

Upper control arm inners

Lower control arm inner

Upper trailing arm front

Lower trailing arm front

So the most NVH risky are;

Front

Steering rack mount

Rear

Differential mount

Subframe mount front

Subframe mount rear

In general the Noltec bushes are a little better for NVH than Nolathane or SuperPro due to their formulation. We have most of these in stock at the moment, but quantities are very low, so if you want to do it don't delay too long.

Cheers

Gary

The rule is simple, the further away from direct contact with the main chassis the lessor effect on NVH.

So basically the exact opposite of what I was thinking. :banana:

Alright, when my rear camber arms come in and I work out what bushings I need, I may PM you. :banana:

So basically the exact opposite of what I was thinking. :banana:

Alright, when my rear camber arms come in and I work out what bushings I need, I may PM you. :banana:

I trust you are not puting in rear upper control arms without also changing the traction arms? That's a recipe for bump steer problems. If you are getting traction arms at the same time, do you know how to align the lengths of the arms (control and traction) to minimise the bump steer before you fit them? Also have you got the equipment (bump steer gauge) and experience necessary to align them for zero bump steer once they are fitted to the car?

Cheers

Gary