SAU Community

Holiday In Nov-dec

i2icho

G'day all,

Well probly like alot of you out there I have always dreamed about going to Japan, Well my dreams were answered a few weeks ago when my g.f jumped on the JetStar website and found killer cheap flights to Japan so now the holiday is booked from the end on Nov to Middle of Dec (pitty its not longer). Does anyone of know about any Car shows/Festivals/Events on around that time. If anyone could tell me any kind of info that would be great

Cheers Ben

• 4 months later...

My trip to Japan for the first time will be the same time. I am looking at booking a few things too.

I think Nismo festival is on the 30th of November @ Fuji speed way. I am still looking at booking things for this. Does anyone know where is the best place to stay for this? How far away is fuji speed way from Tokyo and Okayama?

Does anyone know when the Time attack at Tsukuba will be this year?

Ill be missing out on the nismo festival on 30th as im only there for 4 days starting from the 20th of Nov.

Aside from Festivals, what is the next best display/showroom/museum to see?

Is hiring a car recomended over public transport?

You opinions are much appreciated.

For longer trips (over 2 weeks) and your planing on traveling JR (japan rail) Pass is the way to go...trains..trams...shinkansen maybe expensive..but very much worth it in long run...lol this is coming from a guy that goes to japan every year, for the last 10.! :thumbsup:

don't get me started on Jetstar make sure they don't screw you over like they have done to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be in Japan from nov 29 to dec 3 - The nismo festival will be an absolute sure fire success.... But like many people am unsure about travel and general awareness (i will be alone). I suggest that everyone going send me a pm or post here and we may be able to organize some sort of group journey to Mt Fuji.......... It will be a lot more fun with a group of people not knowing where they are or what they are doing!

• 2 weeks later...
My trip to Japan for the first time will be the same time. I am looking at booking a few things too.

I think Nismo festival is on the 30th of November @ Fuji speed way. I am still looking at booking things for this. Does anyone know where is the best place to stay for this? How far away is fuji speed way from Tokyo and Okayama?

Does anyone know when the Time attack at Tsukuba will be this year?

Are you going to stay in Okayama? That's close to where I used to live.

FISCO is a long journey from Okayama. I've taken the trip from f*kuyama (an hour west of Okayama) quite a few times. Its a 10 hour trip on bus (overnight)- or if you have lots of money, take a Shinkansen to Tokyo, get to Shinjuku and catch the highway bus to Gottenba (Shinjuku to Gottenba is 90mins I think), and then a 30min bus ride to the circuit.

have fun and dont stress!

Lots of thanks R-sanyon. I will try to get accomodation some where in Tokyo the night before Mt Fuji then.

I found a hostel in tokyo that is just near Bakurocho stn (str8 from narita.). Cheap (like 40 a night) and had great reviews from reputable sites. Hostelworld.com is a good reference site (unless you wanna stay in hotels). Can then catch a train str8 to fuji. Thats what im planning to do anyway.

I went to Japan early this november. In Nagano there is a Prince and Skyline museum. Very highly recommended. We caught a cab from the train station Nagano to the museum, was a $20 cab ride. They had R33-R34 prototype GTR, only one in world, a bathurst r31, calsonic GTR34 and autobacs GTR33, some very nice cars there, although not a new GTR35

I stayed at Hostel Internation in tokyo. It was a 5 minute walk from asaksubashi, i think its spelt. It is one train stop away from electric town (akihabara). Its 3500 yen per night and after 5 nights its 2800yen as you become a member. We also went to Tsukuba and caught a 8000yen cab to tsukuba circuit and there was a time attack day on, lucky, as we could not find a event calender.. but also was an awesome experience walking through the pits of the track, talking to some of the english speaking drivers.

I am pretty sure the Final round of D1 is on in late november, worth checking out. Also while i was over there we found a driver training day way up north Japan, in the cold cold areas.. cannot remember the name of the town but they have track days, where you HIRE cars. They have a s14 you can hire and they teach you how to slide in a 3 day course. From memory wasnt that expensive. I really wish we had done that but we only found it when we were in japan, they are only held every few weeks.

any questions pm me

Edited by choku_dori

• 3 weeks later...

yesterday went to the Fairlady Z gallery in Ginza saw 2 sweet new 350Z. would be cool so see a GTR as i am yet to see one, plenty of Ferraris, Lambos BMWs Mercedes,

Is there such a Gallery where there are R35 GTRs?

cheers

I went to Japan early this november. In Nagano there is a Prince and Skyline museum. Very highly recommended. We caught a cab from the train station Nagano to the museum, was a $20 cab ride. They had R33-R34 prototype GTR, only one in world, a bathurst r31, calsonic GTR34 and autobacs GTR33, some very nice cars there, although not a new GTR35

I stayed at Hostel Internation in tokyo. It was a 5 minute walk from asaksubashi, i think its spelt. It is one train stop away from electric town (akihabara). Its 3500 yen per night and after 5 nights its 2800yen as you become a member. We also went to Tsukuba and caught a 8000yen cab to tsukuba circuit and there was a time attack day on, lucky, as we could not find a event calender.. but also was an awesome experience walking through the pits of the track, talking to some of the english speaking drivers.

I am pretty sure the Final round of D1 is on in late november, worth checking out. Also while i was over there we found a driver training day way up north Japan, in the cold cold areas.. cannot remember the name of the town but they have track days, where you HIRE cars. They have a s14 you can hire and they teach you how to slide in a 3 day course. From memory wasnt that expensive. I really wish we had done that but we only found it when we were in japan, they are only held every few weeks.

any questions pm me

So wish i read this post about 10 days ago, We stayed in Nagano for about 5 days would of loved checking out the Skyline museum,

pretty crazy place Tokyo the japaneese people have the be the most polite and considerate race around, wish people back in melbourne had a bit more respect for each other.

peace

Is there such a Gallery where there are R35 GTRs?

cheers

I asked the girls at the Nissan gallery in Ginza and they gave me directions to get to a Gallery somewhere near Ikekuburo, Tokyo. You will have to catch another subway/JR line from this station. I was going to drop by Ikekuburo at some stage during my trip in Tokyo but got hook on seafood at the Jsukiji fish market, went there too many times for lunch and did not have time to go to the other Nissan gallery lol Sorry I tried to look for the instruction to get there just then but could not find it.

Enjoy ur trip :nyaanyaa:

When i was in Ginza they had a Red R35 GTR in the showroom thingy.

Did you get a map @ the Ginza Nissan Museum that directs you to the other Nissan place just down the road? It's about a 5 min walk from the Ginza place.

Oh and go upstairs @ the Ginza Nissan Museum :)

I had a map around here somewhere.... but sorry, buggered if i can find it right now. If i do, I'll scan it up and post it

That ginza Nissan showroom is really just 2 cars which they rotate. A few months back when i went by it was some other cars, no GTR, but who knows what it will have when ur in town. Upstairs has some nismo stuff, but its more like trinkets, mugs and key rings, not actual parts. They also have some interactive pc's and a little this and that, but seriously, its quite small upstairs and down. like i would reccomend that if you are in ginza, check it out, but im not sure rid go out of my way.