SAU Community

Stagea S2 Not Starting

BigDirtyJase

i had the same prob .... i started it with the stock remote start ... open the doors engine shuts off as always due to security ... jumped in to restart the car ...sounded like the batt was dying ... came back 30mins later batt was fine shut everything off inside the car so not to drain it .. but it wouldnt crank over ... thort it may be a fuse to the starter motor, fuel system .... went to look for those fuses ... all in jap .. so there i was for 30mins fulling out fuses from this little coin box whole. notice all the fuses has this build up of white shit over the fuse prongs ... guessing as i put them back in (about 40 of them) if cleaned them abit .. all were not blown by the way .. squeezed the fuel line while i had the ignition on .. felt the fuel pump... and turned over straight away .. later the night same prob ... check the battery it neede 1.5LTR OF WATER! now its doing it again.. so have no idea .. just goin to go buy a dry cell battery today so i can install my headunit and test without killing it :D ... if its not the batt then i'll do a alternator test hoping its not bad news .

anywho just thought i may put in my 2 cents with the problem ..catch ya's

post-16976-1216517515_thumb.jpg

so did this finally get sorted out?

Yeah I finally sorted it out, went and saw Adam at Stylin' in Boronia on Friday and it's all good.. He couldn't believe what a cock-up job GL Pro Sound did with the install. I didn't even know they did not install the 3rd immobiliser (fuel lines) and some (I'd say all) the wiring was stuffed.

I believe that Adam has taken some pics and filling in Travis in as well. I'm going to give him a call tomorrow and see if he can e-mail me his report and pics so I can go down to GL Pro Sound and show them what was done to fix it and possibly get some (hopefully all) my money back that I had to spend to fix it

for the moment - smiles all round.

RBPOWA - What type of alarm have you got and who installed it??

RBPOWA - What type of alarm have you got and who installed it??

um ... as far as i know its factory .. has the nissan text of the remote .. when i get it back from the mechanics i'll take a pic .. might need to get a aftermarket one tho .. turbo time might not like it

• 1 month later...

RBPOWA - get a Mongoose alarm like I have and get the guys a Stylin' to install it (or supply and install). it has a turbo timer feature so it will work together. They will definately make sure that everything works.

After what they did with my car i am mightly impressed and recommend them very highly.