SAU Community

My R32 4 Door Build Thread

Update!!

Hey guys. thought i would update the thread.

I bought this car off the previous owner a few months back. I previously owned a black r31 coupe rb20 silvertop, but i had a minor mishap and ended up selling, so i now own this baby. I've got a few plans for it including some fresh paint, some more power and some handling upgrades.

Iv'e done a couple of minor things to the 32 since ive bought it, mainly cosmetic.

-Genuine Gtr bonnet (black)

-Genuine Gtr grille (black)

-Full amber indicators (Gtr look)

-Nismo gear knob

-Front strut brace

things going on the car in the very near future (already got, just gotta put on)

-Bosch 040 fuel pump

-GFB mechanical boost controller

-Remapped computer (jeff from the speedlab)

-New dash cluster

and here's a pic of it how it sits at the moment. Just ordered premium (CC) square plates front and rear for the complete jdm look.

IMG_0024.jpg

Edited by Greasy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers man. hopin to eventually get a respray in the new year, while im at it get the guards rolled and lipped all round and fit some lower offset dish wheels :D most likely gonna go with a silver respray with a black roof. mmm hot.

BOSCH 040 fuel pump successfully installed today.

Much thanks to the tutorial in the diy section for 'Installing A Bosch 040 Fuel Pump Into An R32' thread by eXc. copied it exactly, worked first time no issues. :D

also installed new rear speakers, will finish the rest of the system within a week or so.

Now for-

rising rate fuel reg,

remap,

possibly 2 stage electronic boost controller, (profec b II)

twin 3" straight pipes from muffler back.

Iv'e Had a chat to a few people, rising rate fuel reg won't be needed, and electronic boost controller is only needed for higher boost applications (will only be running 11-12 psi through the factory neo turbo) or if i really wanted two boost stages but if i'm only gonna be running 12 psi max then theres no point in having dual stage, as the bleed valve will be safe enough.

Having thought about these factors, and from what people have said, coilpacks should be the next mod on the list as RB's are prone for having problems with them.

so that means the list is now:

Mechanical bleed valve

Remap > 11~12psi > 210kw+

Twin straight pipes

splitfire coilpacks. (eventually..)

The remapped ecu that i bought recently is tuned for a s2 rb25 running standard turbo, bosch 040, 3", cooler etc. same as what i have on 10psi making 209kw with a continuous power curve. I am taking the ecu with me back to jeff from the speedlab (local tuner who has a very good reputation for safe yet very good power figures) to get it set up specifically for my application running hopefully more around the 12 psi mark. so i don't think im too far off thinking that it should still make at least 210kw. we'll see what happens once i actually get it tuned. :P

Installed an autometer sport-comp boost gauge today ready for when i get it remapped. Next to do will be high flow cat and twin straight pipes (from the first muffler back) should look and sound a lot tougher. then remap.

• 4 weeks later...