SAU Community

Forward Facing Plenum R32gts-t

Pretty Much have to go custom mate

So cut and shut the stock one or get a complete custom one made up

There is another member bubba who is using an RB26 Plenum welded to the stock runners not sure where he is at with it might be something to look into...

For the money you pay for the good plenums I would probably seriously consider adapting the RB26 ITB setup to the RB20 head

Some nice custom plenums found here: http://www.ripsltd.com/products.html & http://customplenums.com/

Which ever way you go be aware it is going to cost a lot of money.

And if you search FIP:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Fr...tml&hl=rips

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Mo...tml&hl=rips

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/In...tml&hl=rips

I have access to a tig welder but unfortunately don't have the know-how to weld cast alloy so will be taking it to a shop to do. Waiting to get my Q45 t/b and still sussing out what I need to graft onto the GTR plenum (AAC valve, vaccum points etc), then I'll be taking it to a local engineering shop to cut'n'shut for me. No idea on price but I imagine about half the cost of one of those dodgy ebay jobs.

rb25de and rb20 intakes are different, rb25de has larger ID runners and different gasket etc..

for the R32... (non vvt) ? because the guy in the link just ordered one for an rb20det and it bolted straight upto his r32 rb25de head, same size gasket and ports

thanks 4 all the help. was wondering if i have to relocate my battrey to do this mod?

dose anyone have a pic of one they have fitted cheers

On the R33 the throttlebody exits pretty muh straight to the side of the radiator/headlight you need a pretty tight bend, i cant remember what the 32 battery area looks like but if you were to use a stock tb and 2.5" piping i cant see why you couldnt squeese past with some clever piping (through headlight), otherwise you can get a smaller batters, run it sideways or re-locate.

Edited by SKiT_R31

20det and 25de (r32) will bolt up but the ports are definately slightly larger.

I went from a 20det to a 30det using a 32 25de head and it was something we noted :banana:

When shopping for plenums you are pretty much shopping for a 20det setup :P

If you use a GReddy plenum you will need to relocate the battery (as we recently found out when dropping a 25det/30 with a greddy plenum into my mates gts4).

I am hoping that with the gtr plenum (the angle of the entrance is less than that of the greddy type) and q45 throttle body it will still come out close to where the standard GTR piping comes so hopefully I can get away with using mostly standard gtr cooler and piping.

my first gtst had a cut and shut manifold, it was rb20de runners with the flanges cut off the 26 manifold and welded, the throttle body was then welded to the front, it is a tight fit but can be done, just have a bit of a nasty bend just before entering the throttle body, we cured this by sqaushing the pipe into an oval and then run it under the head light and down the front to the intercooler.

the 25's and 20 greddy do fit each other, the 25 det manifolds were changed so the water coolant exited via the front where the temp sensors are, where as on the earlier rb manifolds it had three seperate pipes that ran under the manifold the joined at the front before entering the radiator. the flanges that bolt to the head are cose enough to not be of significant concern but can be matched if you can be bothered.

mate i got mine off ebay cost me $700 or $800 cant quite remember and this guy is in adelaide and was a good thing he will either weld on the tb flange for the stock item or bigger depending on wat you want and just need a longer throttle cable i went with a 300zx one from a jap wrecker then just have to modify the coolant hoses and i went with a gtr top hose since it was the right thing to clear the fan and afew other moave to move ds along the way and i didnt have to the battery although is very close though and make a new ic pipe as well

this is the guy i got it off late last year had a quick look not sure if hes still selling them or not

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/adtms2007

post-20540-1214714143_thumb.jpg

thanks wortho for putting them up, the design has slightly changed since those pics (only the angled base plate of the plenum is different)

yes you do have to move the battery, but considering how easy it is to do, i wouldn't consider it a major setback.

Edited by ISL33P

• 3 months later...

Finally got my plenum done, already knew it wouldn't line up but if that guy can make 370rwkw on an RB20 with the same setup, mine should chirp 2nd :( The runners aren't as bad on the inside as they look on the outside, the stock runners were pretty thick and a fair bit larger than the 26 runners so we were able to find a happy medium between them all.. it was a bit of a bastard though as the last two come out of the head on completely different angles. Had to heat up and bend in the first and last runner slightly towards the centre.

Needs a cleanup and a paintjob but need to get it in the car first and sus out where to run the water hoses along with where to put the posts for holding the throttle cable. Will also probably remove all of the redundant posts on the top.

plenum-001.jpg

plenum-002.jpg

plenum-003.jpg

plenum-004.jpg

Edited by bubba