SAU Community

19 X 9.5 Rims On Rs260 / Type S ?

StageaTypeS

Hi All,

I am looking to put some rims on my Stagea Type S and I am wondering if anyone on here has tried 19 x 9.5 rims on their car. I know most perople recommend 18 x 9 +30 rims on normal Stageas. But with the different suspension on the RS and Type S (GTR rear end, I am figuring it could probably take a slightly wider rim?) Has anyone tried this and what offset would be best when running a 9.5 inch rim. The main reason I ask is there seems to be alot of 19 inch rims available with either 8.8 or 9.5 inch width but not many that come in 9 inch wide. (Unless you spend alot of money for top shelf Volk or Work style rims which are unfortunately out of my price range).

Any thoughts / advice would be much appreciated.

Im currently in the process of fitting 19 x 9.5s onto my RS4 and having some difficulties with the fronts rubbing on the strut. Im running a 245/35R19 on Buddy Club P1 Pluss II's with +38 offset. This may be due to the amount of after market suspension under the car but spacers and longer wheel studs go on tomorrow. Dont know how much difference there is compared to the 260 but ill keep you informed how i go :)

Hey man,

I would be really interested in hearing how you get on with the wheel fitment, post some pics up when your done. I am looking at some Koya Inox Blitz rims which are 19 x 9.5 +20 offset. (They are apparently designed to fit a GTR) I really like the look of wide rims which sit flush with the outside guards but i don't want to have to go down the route of rolling and repainting guards to stop wheel rub. I used to have a subaru legacy B4 and i fitted 18 x 8 rims to this and it ended up costing me $1200 to get the rear guards sorted out to stop them fouling on the tires. (Subaru's don't have much room for big rims).

Hey. Finally got there in the end. Had a bit of trouble getting the rims on which included longer wheel studs on the front so we could fit an 8mm spacer on the fronts and a 5mm spacer has been placed on the rears. The wheels and tyres fit inside the guards (just) but i have noticed that pulling into some driveways that they do lean in and rub slightly on the struts. I have a feeling this may have something to do with the way the suspension is fitted or there may be some movement in the strut itself as it is only rubbing on one side of the rear. Im gonna get the suspension looked at and see if there is anyway i can get the strut to lean in more or something? Anyways i hope this helps you. I dont know whether there is any difference in the 260 or whether the stock suspension will be better/worse for fitment. I have to say tho that im happy with the look of mine. 19 x 9.5s look TOUGH!

post-50700-1214708454_thumb.jpg

post-50700-1214708483_thumb.jpg

post-50700-1214708508_thumb.jpg

post-50700-1214708553_thumb.jpg

its becuase they ARE too close

just wait till you lower it and dont fix your camber, they will rest on it

i had 10j +20s and they loved to eat coilovers,

if you wanna run 9.5s with no problems in the rear throw a 15mm spacer, and roll your guards and you qwill be fine

2508585388_f7b7b4eaf2.jpg

2505445634_a8bbe00581.jpg

i have 9.5 x4

i have a little understeer in some situations

It steers pretty much as normal. Ive only had them on the car for a few days tho. It is lowered and it has a fair bit of negative camber so i wondered if i got the negative camber adjusted slightly whether it would be enough to clear the strut

you have adjustable rear camber kits in the upper control arms.

the 10 +20 fit fine on the rear with current camber. 9.5 +38 (less 5mm so +33) will sit further in, hence the rubbing. run a bigger spacer or adjust the camber.

Edited by AlexCim

can you post a pic of your height with the 10 +20?

Clicky -> http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=3525623

IMO it wasnt low enough.

I would have loved to go maybe another 2cm on the rear and 3cm (+camber) on the front so it sat on its lips and got sick wheel on gaurd rubbing action up front, but hey, australian cops+roads suck..Needed more stretch on the front too....would have liked more gaurd work too if i wasnt intending on selling it when i bought the wheels...

Yours is mint.

The 10 +20 rims that were on the rear were rubbing similarly to what these ones are, at slow speed often pulling in to drive ways and such. That was the reason i decide to change the rims on the car and now i have the exact problem as i did before :sick: Just hoping i can stop it from rubbing cos it makes me cringe everytime it happens. It doesnt happen during normal driving just when the wheel tucks right up into the guard.

The VS KF's themselves didn't rub on the rear guard, it was the "rim protection" on the tires that were fitted at the time that was rubbing on the inner guard. This wont cause any damage to either the wheel, tyre or guard.

They were definitely not rubbing on the coilover.

Rubbing is my kind of wank, hahaha

That grinding noise that you could hear was actually the inside of the rim on the shock. I noticed the marks on the shock when i had to put the 17's on it to get the car registered down hear. The inside of the rims had ground square and sharp because the tyre was so stretched the inside of the rim overhung the tyre.

post-50700-1215034694_thumb.jpg

heh, i wish i had pictures of the eurolines that came off my car

they were CHEWED up on the inside

luckilly, wheel metal is softer than the coilover threads, so you can just wire wheel it off.