SAU Community

Stereo Aerial Problems

sturb25

My stagea has a japanese minidisc player with a small fm band which wouldnt get most fequencys that we have in melb so i bought a fequency converter from import driver and installed it. It fixed that problem but my aerial doesnt pick up the channels that well. Has a fair bit of interference and to be honest it pisses me off. I think my aerial is on my front windscreen like a sticker. Anyone else have the same problems with theirs and any suggestions on what i can do about improving my radio reception

make sure your antenna amplifier is wired up to 12V radio signal, wire is attached to coax at back of head unit, also get rid of band expander and install an oz tuner for better reception. Band expanders arent a good permanent solution.

My antennas are in my back side windows, I have wiper heaters on my front screen that look like antennas, maybe yours could be different ?

make sure your antenna amplifier is wired up to 12V radio signal, wire is attached to coax at back of head unit, also get rid of band expander and install an oz tuner for better reception. Band expanders arent a good permanent solution.

My antennas are in my back side windows, I have wiper heaters on my front screen that look like antennas, maybe yours could be different ?

Thinking of putting in my pioneer stez from my old car. Will i still need a oz tuner, if so where can i buy. yeah i think that could be a wiper heater ill post up a pick 2moz. This i probably a dumb question but why do u need a wiper heater and what function does it do

Thinking of putting in my pioneer stez from my old car. Will i still need a oz tuner, if so where can i buy. yeah i think that could be a wiper heater ill post up a pick 2moz. This i probably a dumb question but why do u need a wiper heater and what function does it do

Its for cold countrys ( like were im from ) helps unstick your wipers when it hits sub 0 temps and they get frozen to the window, so you can remove snow from the windshield.

I would love set on my stag!!

'oz tuner', i am referring to a head unit that doesnt use a band expander, that's all, as in your pioneer you will put in.

Sweet thanks. Ill put it in 2day

This i probably a dumb question but why do u need a wiper heater and what function does it do

It will also heat your side mirrors, if the jap convex ones werent swapped at compliance, switch is below right of steering wheel.

It will also heat your side mirrors, if the jap convex ones werent swapped at compliance, switch is below right of steering wheel.

Switch? mine doesnt have a switch. When i get home ill take a photo of what i mean just to make sure that it is what u say it is cause i cant see any switches

PM me your VIN # and I can tell you if you have cold area car, Simon

where abouts is the vin number located. Theres a blue plate in the engine bay but im not sure which number is the vin if its actualy on that plate.

Thanks

Is this an aerial or wiper heater?

post-52162-1214991658_thumb.jpg

its an aerial, but probably not genuine, maybe for an aftermarket TV / GPS, trace it and see where it connects to. do you have them in your back side windows ?

its an aerial, but probably not genuine, maybe for an aftermarket TV / GPS, trace it and see where it connects to. do you have them in your back side windows ?

yeah i do have what looks like an aerial on both sides of back windows and there is no wire that goes anywhere from the front window so i cant trace where it goes. Its just a sticker