SAU Community

Installing Tein Super Streets Question?

just been out for my first drive on them and they are great, more comfortable then stock 15 y/o suspension and holds nice and flat round corners!!)

what dampening settings are u useing for street. mine are currently set on 4 all round. I think i am going to put this up to 8

gtstcoupe, another question for you or anyone else that has superstreets...

With the dampening adjustment, if u get lost as to what setting ur at, how the hell do u know how to get it back to say setting 1(soft) or 16 (Hard)... the dial just likes to keep on clicking.. :laugh:

Ahh you will find that 16 stage is not 16 clicks there is about 20 clicks of travel in it and it just stops when you get to the end of it.

If lose count, just go bak to softest untillit stops and then count back or vise versa.

Ohh i use 3 clicks btw

Cheers :laugh:

mine are aus spec.. currently set at 10 clicks back from hrdest setting and still a softer , more confrotable ride then stock, with next to no body roll and not bump or harsh at all....

10 / 10 here for teins..

Based on street use though, not sure how they would be on the track under more extreme conditions!.....

ok while your talking about it

which way is which - is it like the old HA's where full clockwise is stiff and anti clockwise soft?

just picked up a car with the aus specs and need to loosen the rear

ok while your talking about it

which way is which - is it like the old HA's where full clockwise is stiff and anti clockwise soft?

just picked up a car with the aus specs and need to loosen the rear

Well i got monoflex but yes its anti clockwise to soften and clockwise to harden. i can't see why they would swap one model around :)

Cheers

Camden

They don't just keep clicking guys. turn them anti clockwise until they stop. you are at zero. Count up from there.

The manual on the aus model super streets does state that it's 16 clicks, to go any further is doing potential damage (or words to that effect).

They don't just keep clicking guys. turn them anti clockwise until they stop. you are at zero. Count up from there.

The manual on the aus model super streets does state that it's 16 clicks, to go any further is doing potential damage (or words to that effect).

Id say they would be referring to people "forcing" them to click any further. But there are more clicks than 16. As i think has already been stated its around 20.

i know there are more clicks as i've had these shocks myself. I'm only pointing out what the manual says, and that is don't go past 16. It's your call whether you want to believe me or not.

No wasnt say i dont belive you, but , if it wasnt ment to go only so far you would think it would just stop, but what your saying does make sense.

I tested out the click wheel on one shock before i put them in the car and thats when i discovered it went more than 16 clicks, and i have them at 3 clicks from softest in the car. :D,BHdave,i will definatly keep that in mind. :sick: ,Be interesting tho to seeif jap spec are differnt to aus, as i know aus has different valveing?

Teins FTW :D

Thanks Mate

Edited by gtstcoupe