SAU Community

Paint

66yostagea

I got a spoiler from Nizzpro, it was white. Mine is Sherwood Green Pearl, DR2, on the Nissan Plate and that is as Nick listed in the Stagea specs.

I was advised to go to AutoBarn and get a spray can of DR2. Both cans, bought at different times are too dark and have no Pearl.

Any ideas??????

As far as i was aware the pearl colour/effect is gained by a different layer of paint/clear coat as i have seen people with normal or non pearl paint cars get it pearled at pro shops. There are some good paint places that will actually make you up the paint and put it in cans for your and its professional stuff not like the touch up crap at Autobarn.

As far as i was aware the pearl colour/effect is gained by a different layer of paint/clear coat as i have seen people with normal or non pearl paint cars get it pearled at pro shops. There are some good paint places that will actually make you up the paint and put it in cans for your and its professional stuff not like the touch up crap at Autobarn.

At AutoBarn they mix the colour from computer records. It is not pre packaged. The theory was that it would be Pearl.

At AutoBarn they mix the colour from computer records. It is not pre packaged. The theory was that it would be Pearl.

When i took my car to a Pro painter to get a quote on redoing my front bar he stated that it would need to be a 3 pack finish because of the pearl... so its safe to say there is another layer of something pearly put over the top of the normal paint... maybe :blush:

something like DR2 would have the pearl mixed into the pigment base then you just apply clear over the top.

ones like White pearl (QT1 3P) are a white base coat with 3 layers of pearl on top which cannot be replicated easily.

something like DR2 would have the pearl mixed into the pigment base then you just apply clear over the top.

ones like White pearl (QT1 3P) are a white base coat with 3 layers of pearl on top which cannot be replicated easily.

Ahh sweet that explains it :laugh: nice 1

• 2 weeks later...