SAU Community

Ran My Gtr @ The Creek

Marko R1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have an update - i spoke to andrew from crd & he states the following:

- when u start the car the knock level can be distrupted hence the hand controller should always be reset after starting (u are right paul)

- if i hit rev limiter on the 1/4 mile this will also register a high knock level at times from noise etc when the exhaust pops & carries on

no need for a check with my tune - ready to go this wed night :D

Shame about the clutch Marko with that 60ft you were certainly on a 10sec run . Whats the plan now with the clutch ?? . Got my tyres today should be out there next Wednesday hopefully my OS twin plate can stand up the task of all the extra grip .

yeah my clutch let me down but as paul explained "drag radials will always uncover the weakest point of the driveline"

from here i had a 'relatively lengthy' discussion with jim berry (LOL personal joke) & paul aka TWOOGLE!

my options are to either go with jims 'full monty' big single OR rebuild my existing twin plate clutch...both paul & i agree that i should stick with my twin plate which is the path i have decided to take.

im off to phuket as of tomorrow, as soon as i get back im onto my clutch as im keen to get out there ASAP & get kicked off the track :D

brett - as long your clutch is healthy (as i think mine had its fair share) your twin plate is perfect for your application!

good luck with your run & make sure u post your results on this thread, i'll be checking at an internet cafe :D

i did a short 2nd gear burnout then launched it @ 8000rpm - as soon as i got into top rpm of 1st gear i could hear it slip...2nd & 3rd gear did the same thing.

this is why i did an 11.7 but my 60' was 1.57 - there is still room for more improvement on my 60'

yep - i had a 10 in the bag

Id say he has a tune issue, or if he is using a fuel cut as a rev limit then it is self explanitory, should always cut ignition, not fuel.

Never had that problem ever, both of my gtr's never go over mid 20's even on 40c days running to redline many many times.

Id say he has a tune issue, or if he is using a fuel cut as a rev limit then it is self explanitory, should always cut ignition, not fuel.

might be more of an issue that a piece of rubber was getting sucked up into his 044 intank pump and blocking it causing a fuel flow issue....nasty lean outs...ouch!

And you know you're trying your hardest when you lunch everything and try to take out one or all of the following:

- Your feet

- The car

- The track

- The timing system

- The officials

- The fence

- The crowd

Isn't that right, Ben?

:P

Mate their is no point calling up a tilt tray just because you have a slipping clutch or you snapped an axle - smash the damn clutch (and everything else) and THEN you have a reason to call a tilt tray.

Well done, Brett...so very close. At least you can go back for more and not have to met ANDRA sub-11 ET specs.

What were the half track ET and MPH's?